ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Your opion  (Read 15824 times)

Travis Watson

Re: Your opion
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

My opinion is the Qw218/CS4080 will give you what you need for live acts. I like the fact that they are built taller and not so much deeper so they get the tops up higher. As far as the hip hop or crap or what ever it's called today I have no long term idea of how well they would hold up. I try to avoid that music like, like,  the accordion Laughing nothing good can come from it. I have had it run through my subs and it will rattle things about the room and I guess if you put some kind of metal on the floor or something you could get that car trunk buzz they like.
On a lower note the Versarray 218 will go lower and hit harder and has tilt back wheels and will still run off the 4080 but more power would really wake them up.

On your last post is that "80hz at a 12BW drop off" the upper corner on your sub crossover? It seems a bit high for my taste, thats right in the middle of the kick. I would raise it to 100 or at least 90 with a LR24 but thats just me.
Just trying to remember all the things I'll never know
Travis Watson
Laguna Sound

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
My Opinion
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »

My opinion is that there is far too little use of spell checking on these boards. It does no one's reputation any good to keep repeating the same misspellings. There are 24 hours to edit your post to correct it after the fact. If you think it is cute, or doesn't reflect on you or your perception because someone else started it, you are sadly mistaken.

Mac
made grumpy by repetition.

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
Re: My Opinion
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 16:14

My opinion is that there is far too little use of spell checking on these boards. It does no one's reputation any good to keep repeating the same misspellings. There are 24 hours to edit your post to correct it after the fact. If you think it is cute, or doesn't reflect on you or your perception because someone else started it, you are sadly mistaken.

Mac
made grumpy by repetition.

Hey Mister Grumpypants...  Very Happy

The spell-check feature here on LAB doesn't look at the thread's title. I ran spell-check on Kevin Geen's post and it didn't notice the incorrect use of grocer's apostrophes on "70's, 80's", "UCS1's" and "RMX2450's" [sic]. Mr. Geen did avoid the ugly apostrophe mistake on his plural use of "Peaveys", which adds points for being right but takes away points for consistency.  Razz   Spell-check did not catch his unbelievable opinion that a speaker that weighs 70 lbs. is a "monster"... heh heh. What it caught instead was the lower-case "lol" and the three quite correct spellings of manufacturer names: QSC, Yorkville and Peavey. The point I'm trying to make is that LAB's spell-check is an imperfect tool. What works much better is a strong foundation of English.

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 08:05:43 PM »

Michael 'Bink' Knowles wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 19:42

Hey Mister Grumpypants...  Very Happy

The spell-check feature here on LAB doesn't look at the thread's title.

Au contraire. It found the misspelled word in the subject line when I ran it.

Mac

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 08:19:27 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 17:05

Michael 'Bink' Knowles wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 19:42

The spell-check feature here on LAB doesn't look at the thread's title.

Au contraire. It found the misspelled word in the subject line when I ran it.

Mac

Wow, must be a difference between my WinXP Pro Mozilla Firefox and your, uh, whatever it is that you use. Still on Safari?

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »

Michael 'Bink' Knowles wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 20:19

Wow, must be a difference between my WinXP Pro Mozilla Firefox and your, uh, whatever it is that you use. Still on Safari?

Yes, Safari, but I think the spell checker is a function of the forum software, not the browser. Your original post mentioned the forum's lame spell check software. Are you sure it isn't recognizing the the subject line?

Mac

Sam York

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Fri, 10 October 2008 02:36

Michael 'Bink' Knowles wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 20:19

Yes, Safari, but I think the spell checker is a function of the forum software, not the browser. Your original post mentioned the forum's lame spell check software. Are you sure it isn't recognizing the the subject line?

Mac

I'm on XP Pro SP2 Firefox 2, and it catches the error in the subject line but does a really annoying thing on loading where it automatically scrolls the 'spell checked' page down so you can't see the bit above the normal form where it's suggesting replacements. Never noticed it before as that's actually the first time I've pressed the spell check button.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »

Yup the website spell checker catches it in IE, FF, or Safari..  Perhaps some java script.

I think all the misspellings are cute, since I can spell to save my ass.. Thank god and/or Turning for computers.

JR

edit... TURING MACHINE  [edit]
edit-2... I can't spell to save my ass,, [/edit-2]
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Sam York

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 09:56:22 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Fri, 10 October 2008 02:55

Yup the website spell checker catches it in IE, FF, or Safari..  Perhaps some java script.

I think all the misspellings are cute, since I can spell to save my ass.. Thank god and/or Turning for computers.

JR

You have to be SO careful when criticising spelling JR....!  Laughing

(although I admit this may be a factual error rather than a spelling one)

Kevin Geen

• http://www.myspace.com/kevin_dj4u
Re: Your opion
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »

Well I wont lie, I was a little drunk when I posted the first time, so the fingers were going a little faster than the brain at the time. You know, long days at work and you have to have a couple when you get home.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.