ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Your opion  (Read 15914 times)

Dave Rickard

Re: Your opion
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2008, 05:43:06 PM »

Mark Hobbs wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 14:24

Walter Wright wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 01:04

dammit, my stupid computer must have logged me onto harmony central by mistake again  Mad

Your brand of sarcasm isn't very professional. That may not sit so well with some people, myself not included.

Other people, however, may find it tastefully subtle, and a hilariously clever example of well placed irony.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Tim McCulloch

Re: Your opion
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2008, 07:32:58 PM »

My "opion" in that DJ posts belong somewhere else, preferably a different website.  I've said it many times before, but the ownership of PSW seems to feel differently.

It's also my opinion that FLAT view needs to be disabled on this forum; posters that don't use the appropriate "reply" button make it very difficult to follow a thread because their replies don't follow... but site administration seems to disagree with that, too, so I live with it.

Would you like another opinion?  I have lots of them! Cool

Have fun, good luck

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
A matter of opinion, or not
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »

Mark Hobbs wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 17:02

For amusement purposes I copied, pasted and spell checked that message. Mind you, I did not spell check when I originally posted that message. Two words came up as misspelled. One was bashers which is slang anyways and the other was literarily. Interestingly, literarily exists in my dictionary (printed) and it is in dictionary dot com. It is a related form of literary and it is an adverb. So, either something isn't right with the spell check or something isn't right with my dictionary.

I did not leave any misspellings with the intention making a point. In fact, there were no misspellings.

Sorry, my dictionary must be missing something, The nearest spelling for "opion" I have is either opine, or opium.
index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

Walter Wright

Re: A matter of opinion, or not
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2008, 08:41:51 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 19:33

Sorry, my dictionary must be missing something, The nearest spelling for "opion" I have is either opine, or opium.
index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

op*i*on (oh-pee-yun) n. an inappropriately defensive or hostile response by a neophyte or amateur to advice or correction from an expert, often accompanied by unwarranted profanity.
Professional Guitar Repair Tech,
Semi-professional Sound Guy

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »

Walter Wright wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 19:41

index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

op*i*on (oh-pee-yun) n. an inappropriately defensive or hostile response by a neophyte or amateur to advice or correction from an expert, often accompanied by unwarranted profanity.

Walter,

thank you for the definition... seems to fit this thread very well.  Very Happy

I will try to get this definition entered into the Wikipedia, crediting you as the source.

Cheers,
Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Brendan Maroney

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »

Walter Wright wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 20:41

index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

HA.

Brendan

Dick Rees

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2008, 09:12:41 PM »

Walter Wright wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 19:41

index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

Wright on!!!!!!!! Very Happy
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »

Walter Wright wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 17:41

index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

Fuck yeah!

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Mark Hobbs

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2008, 02:28:48 AM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 18:33

index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

Since you did no specify which post you were talking about when you said "your post" I assumed you were talking abut the post you quoted. It's fairly clear that you were referring to a post unrelated to the one you quoted.

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »

Mark Hobbs wrote on Mon, 13 October 2008 01:28

Mac Kerr wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 18:33

index.php/fa/18398/0/

Mac

Since you did no specify which post you were talking about when you said "your post" I assumed you were talking abut the post you quoted. It's fairly clear that you were referring to a post unrelated to the one you quoted.

Mark Hobbs/Matt Collins.... what's the difference?

Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.