ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Your opion  (Read 15826 times)

John Roberts {JR}

Re: My Opinion
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56:41 PM »

Sam York wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 20:56

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Fri, 10 October 2008 02:55

Yup the website spell checker catches it in IE, FF, or Safari..  Perhaps some java script.

I think all the misspellings are cute, since I can spell to save my ass.. Thank god and/or Turning for computers.

JR

You have to be SO careful when criticising spelling JR....!  Laughing

(although I admit this may be a factual error rather than a spelling one)

Luckily I wasn't being the typical asshole,,, I said I can't spell..and thought it cute.

Turing/turning  yes I need to google my obscure references,,, I was actually a little distracted about the how the rest of the sentence would play, in this PC day and age. This is why editors are paid more than spell checkers, and an example of the kind of errors spell checkers can't fix.

Thank you for the heads up.. Accuracy is probably more important when dealing with the obscure.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Sam York

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Fri, 10 October 2008 03:56

Yup the website spell checker catches it in IE, FF, or Safari..  Perhaps some java script.

I think all the misspellings are cute, since I can spell to save my ass.. Thank god and/or Turning for computers.

JR

Luckily I wasn't being the typical asshole,,, I said I can't spell..and thought it cute.

Turing/turning  yes I need to google my obscure references,,, I was actually a little distracted about the how the rest of the sentence would play, in this PC day and age. This is why editors are paid more than spell checkers, and an example of the kind of errors spell checkers can't fix.

Thank you for the heads up.. Accuracy is probably more important when dealing with the obscure.

JR

Understood. I thought you were actually trying to be the typical asshole as you misspelt 'can't' as 'can'; that combined with the fact that the Turning was the only other misspelling in the post made me take it exactly opposite from how it was intended!

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 11:49:20 PM »

Sam York wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 22:08

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Fri, 10 October 2008 03:56

JR

JR

Understood. I thought you were actually trying to be the typical asshole as you misspelt 'can't' as 'can'; that combined with the fact that the Turning was the only other misspelling in the post made me take it exactly opposite from how it was intended!

More like I fat fingered it, and I didn't even notice until you mentioned. Hard to proofread yourself...  One trick that helps is reading the copy upside down, but hard to do with my computer.

My mother once had a job as a newspaper proof reader back about a zillion years ago...

JR

-----

Mark Hobbs

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 12:18:35 AM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Thu, 09 October 2008 18:14

My opinion is that there is far too little use of spell checking on these boards. It does no one's reputation any good to keep repeating the same misspellings. There are 24 hours to edit your post to correct it after the fact. If you think it is cute, or doesn't reflect on you or your perception because someone else started it, you are sadly mistaken.

Mac
made grumpy by repetition.

So some words were not spelled properly.....big deal. It was/is very easy to understand what he was saying. Side tracking threads with complaints about someones spelling seems more distractive than the misspellings themselves.

Thats my oh so humble opion reggarding tha mater.

Art Welter

Re: Your opion
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 12:52:50 AM »

"If it's to loud, you're to old."

Try "too".

And shit that's too loud is too loud when you are one year old or 100.

Wish I had figured that out before I did permanent damage to my ears.

My "opion".

Kevin Geen

• http://www.myspace.com/kevin_dj4u
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

No idea why people have to be such assholes on this forum. So I made a spelling mistake or two, big deal. All I can say, grow the fuck up, we all make mistakes, live with it.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »

It's my nature....   good luck.

JR

-----

Tom faderjockey Brandis

• http://myspace.com/tmbrandis
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »

Plus the misuse of the word "to" in the tag line. How about adding another "o".

Tom

Vince Byrne

Re: Your opinion
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »

Kevin Geen wrote on Fri, 10 October 2008 06:37

No idea why people have to be such assholes on this forum. So I made a spelling mistake or two, big deal. All I can say, grow the fuck up, we all make mistakes, live with it.

Think of this place like a bar. If you are so thin skinned that  a little light ribbing like this gets your panties all bunched up, then go home or find another bar more to your liking.

Or you could shrug it off and pull up a beer. After you fix your sig.

Dave Rickard

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »

Kevin Geen wrote on Fri, 10 October 2008 05:37

Yes, we all make mistakes, and I try to fix mine *quickly*, especially in public.

I try not to make people live with my mistakes.....or tell them they need to grow up and live with them.  Not good strategy.

We are all in the "people business", and people skills matter.

Chill, there's a lot to learn here at the LAB.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.