ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BidMagic - Anyone use it?  (Read 5345 times)

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• http://www.comsystecusa.com
Re: BidMagic - Anyone use it?
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »

Do you - Include Quantity, Description , Manufacturer, Model # and simply leave out the price

Yes, and I only include major items. If there is equipment that requires something like plug-in mods I will give the Description , Manufacturer, Model # and just say "configured for _________ rather than go into the details.

Our proposals are arranged first with a description of the system, then an equipment list then a description of the installation. The installation section is prefaced with:

"Installation includes all labor, permits, inspections and all other material and equipment not specified above which is necessary for a complete and working system as specified. A description follows:".

-Hal

Brad Weber

Re: BidMagic - Anyone use it?
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:00:09 AM »

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC wrote on Mon, 13 October 2008 12:47

Our proposals are arranged first with a description of the system, then an equipment list then a description of the installation.

I think that is a good approach.  Too many times I've been asked to help review bids that were simply an equipment list with no description of the system functionality or of the installation services and documentation being provided.  I am always amazed at how many people seem to care more about knowing the brand names or models being provided than they do about knowing what the system is (or is not) capable of or how it will be installed and what support they will be provided.  I am even more amazed at how many contractors seem to share or support that focus in their proposals.

I still have to laugh at the one client who decided they because they were technically savvy, they could prepare their own bid package.  They did a great job of identifying the specific equipment right down to the model and quantity of connectors.  When the successful bidder, based on their own review of the bids, dropped off all the equipment they asked him if they could look at the system design and when they'd be back to install everything.  Apparently the vendor looked at them with a blank stare and asked what they meant.  It seems they had assumed that it would be obvious that they wanted an installed system and neglected to actually define that expectation and to identify that no design or installation services were included in the bid tendered.  So they had spent all their money and instead of a functioning system they received exactly what was proposed, a big pile of very nice equipment sitting in the middle of the floor.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.