Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Fluorecents on dimmers?

<< < (2/2)

David Allred:
As i said in the linked thread, even if the channel has a "switch "mode, unless is completely bypasses the SCR's then the current flow is not truely compatible.
I only have an old Sunnspot dimmer, so my plan is to buy a standard 10 amp AC relay and socket for each channel I need.   Let the dimmer trigger the relay and pass current from the wall outlet. 2 male plugs (one for dimmer, one for wall, 1 recepticle (female cable end), and 1 relay & socket would cost $15-$20.  Smaller capacity relays would be less.  Solid state would be less, but can induce noise. 
The method of packaging or safety measures taken would add cost depending....  For my needs, I would likely use electrical tape to cover exposed contacts and put it in an empty plastic tote (or similar).

David

Richard Turner:
I have a few such devices

a deep range plug box is mostly large enough, has knockout holes,
square covers are readily available and easy  to attach a small clamp for mounting on truss

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version