Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

TRRS output from Apple Iphone 4

<< < (3/4) > >>

Steve Hurt:
Last time I plugged in an I-Phone into the PA, it rang (thru the PA of course) 
The guitar player came over to the board and instead of silencing it, he answered the call!

When he hung up, there were a LOT of people staring at him.
(no one on the dance floor was staring though.... because there was no one left on the dance floor!  What a wanker! )

Ned Ward:

--- Quote from: Steve Hurt on January 10, 2011, 09:11:01 PM ---Last time I plugged in an I-Phone into the PA, it rang (thru the PA of course) 
The guitar player came over to the board and instead of silencing it, he answered the call!

When he hung up, there were a LOT of people staring at him.
(no one on the dance floor was staring though.... because there was no one left on the dance floor!  What a wanker! )

--- End quote ---
Hence the airplane mode, which turns your iphone into a video iPod without the annoying ringing in the middle of a show.

Adam Wh3tham:

--- Quote from: Ned Ward on January 10, 2011, 10:31:08 PM ---Hence the airplane mode, which turns your iphone into a video iPod without the annoying ringing in the middle of a show.

--- End quote ---

Not sure on the iPhone but on my Android I just disable 1x and i keep my EVDO/3G data so I can still run slacker/pandora for breaks without having to worry about voice.

Tim Padrick:
At least with the 3G, a TRS out cable works fine.  I believe that the second ring is a mic input, as the only thing I've seen with a TRRS plug is the Apple earbud+mic gadget.

Brian Gowing:
As long as you can get a wi-fi signal you can turn on airplane mode which will turn off the phone and then go in and turn on the wi-fi which will get you the internet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version