ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fall Speaker upgrade's  (Read 6478 times)

Patrick Thomson

Re: Patrick again
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »

hey mike
sorry i didnt give the whole backstory
Ive been considering the qrxs for several months now after i felt that my 920's were lacking in the mid bass region, this was no fast choice my friend ive been checking them out in several stores and been reading all the material i can review and use wise, they come highly recommended from this board, i took their advice and go it. My initial thought to what i was going to get was a pair of floodlights, i was quickly taken off that path.

Im not trying to defend myself I simply want you to know My last post here was a new one on looking for any alternatives to my choice I had made up in my mind after all the research and testing, I like the saying buy once cry once, so unless a new box just came up I was un-aware about then I was going to go forth with my purchase, but it never ever hurts to check there isn't something you overlooked, and trust me, i have my reasons for staying away from the other speakers mentioned

You are right with your comments mike, I just felt I should ask anyway, Im sorry

-Pat

:edited for removal of attitude

Scott Smith

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 04:24:17 PM »

Patrick,  Mike is right on with his comments.  You waste our time asking for advice, when you already have made a choice.  
"Percussive Maintenance" - Bang on it until it works!
Scott Smith, South Florida - MIXING OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW

Patrick Thomson

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 04:31:23 PM »

fair enough scott, i wont argue with logic
I do apologize
In all honesty I was hoping someone would come up with something I had overlooked, but no one did and The qrx  212 has been the box everyone has been telling me to look at if I want to be serious, and I do.
But please let me suggest if you feel im wasting your time, why bother opening any of my threads when you know there is no point with me in you opinion, do yourself a favor and don't and I wont hold that against you, those of you that do reply and  even with comments telling me what im doing wrong I only take as a learning experience. Your all helping me figure things out and i appreciate it and will do my best to learn from it.

Scott Smith

Re: Fall Speaker upgrade's
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »

Patrick Beaugrand wrote on Sat, 13 September 2008 21:49

...I have 2 Dual 12 choices that all work and fit my criteria...

...I want to ask about the other two choices I have....

So Patrick, still curious, WHAT WERE the "other two" dual 12 choices?
"Percussive Maintenance" - Bang on it until it works!
Scott Smith, South Florida - MIXING OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW

Patrick Thomson

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

The other two choices I had been looking at heavily were the srx 722's but I demoed a pair and didn't like them much and they were to power hungry for me by far
The other choice was the EV Phoenix PX2122's but My first problem was i would need two a side for this to work so I quickly dropped this idea. There are very few dual 12 solutions out there right now, mostly EV JBL JTR have them and Ive heard all the offerings and liked the EV qrx's the best

Rob Spence

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

As Mike said, a pair of QRX212 per side is good wide coverage. I have 2 pair and love em.
I don't rotate the horns because in the normal position they get the sound to the punters and less on the ceiling.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.