ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for CD player with wired remote & display  (Read 1451 times)

mark ahlenius

Looking for CD player with wired remote & display
« on: March 12, 2005, 03:24:09 PM »

Hi,

we are a new install for our new sanctuary.  I'd like to get a rack mount cd player for use with; playing tracks, kids performances, etc.  I would prefer rack mount for security reasons (so it doesn't walk away, etc).  I have thought about putting the CD player in an "angled" rack, but not sure that the bearings can handle this as well as not having the CD fall off the tray, etc.  This way we could easily see the track and time info on the front of the machine.

I was wondering if anyone has found a CD player they like with a "wired" remote.  I also would want one with a display on the remote so you can tell track # and perhaps time left.  Marantz has some in their pro-sumer line, but the remotes don't appear to have displays.

We often (unfortunately) need to jump around between tracks on a performance CD and did not get the time to lay out a new CD in proper order.

Anyone have suggestions on this topic?

thanks!

'mark

Dave Hudzik

• http://www.livewiresi.com
Re: Looking for CD player with wired remote & display
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 01:07:59 AM »

The Tascam CD-450 that I sell has a wired remote, but doesn't have a display as well as all the Denon models we sell have wired remotes with no display!

The HHB Burn-It Plus (CD Player/Recorder) has a wired remote input, but they don't sell a remote you have to wire one yourself or something really weird!! and it's over $800

About putting a CD player in a angled rack, for play back it may be ok for recording that's a no, no.  Being on a angle will reduce the life of the motor as well may make the error correction of the player work too hard.  So just shim out the top 2 screw so that it site level.  

They all have displays on the front that give you the info you need, so just put it within close distance to the engineer.

jrfountain

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:32:56 PM »

Hey Mark,

I guess a dj cd player might not be exactly what you're looking for? Most of them come with the players seperate from the controls/displays and are connected with a cable from the back. Now the controller is rack sized as well so it would probably be too big to use it sitting on the console but if you just wanted it sitting on a table beside you it might work. There's a bunch of manufacturers, denon, numark, stanton etc.

JR

Dave Hudzik

• http://www.livewiresi.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:16:44 PM »

JR: True never thought of that, that would be a good choice!

David Sumrall

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 10:17:26 PM »

Hey Mark,

I Echo on the Tascam CD 450.

I ordered one a while back when our old Pro Sony one died.

I shopped a while before i settled on it. We also ordered the wired/wireless remote and the balancing kit. The remote sits on the console.

LOVE it! I just ordered another and will be specking it for all our larger rooms.

Marantz and Denon both have great stuff too.

Be sure to get one the will stop after playing only one track if you want it too. It comes in handy on those kiddy choir things.

Check with your installer on price if you are happy with their work. Otherwise shop around as prices vary.

Good luck!

David Sumrall
Technical Director
First Baptist Orlando
DavidSumrall@FBCOrlando.org
www.FBCOrlando.org

David Sumrall
Audio Engineer
Gateway Church
Soutlake Texas
GatewayPeople.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 10:17:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.