ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to build a drum monitor sub.  (Read 3674 times)

Rusty Irby

I want to build a drum monitor sub.
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:38:18 AM »

What would be the easiest and most practical to do? Im an old carpenter with most woodworking tools. I would like to give it about 500 watts.

Ivan Beaver

Re: I want to build a drum monitor sub.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:56:28 AM »

Rusty Irby wrote on Sat, 03 January 2009 07:38

What would be the easiest and most practical to do? Im an old carpenter with most woodworking tools. I would like to give it about 500 watts.

A square ported box with a decent 15 or 18" driver would be the easiest thing to do.

Size would depned on how you want to use it.  For example what do you have to put on top of it-wedge or PA cab?  Is it to be sitting on the drum riser of off of it-if off How high is the riser? Is it to be behind or beside the drummer?  How loud do you want it to be?  How low do you want it to go?

Building a box is easy, building the RIGHT box, takes a lot more thought.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Rusty Irby

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:11:48 PM »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Sat, 03 January 2009 07:56

Rusty Irby wrote on Sat, 03 January 2009 07:38

A square ported box with a decent 15 or 18" driver would be the easiest thing to do.

Size would depned on how you want to use it.  For example what do you have to put on top of it-wedge or PA cab?  Is it to be sitting on the drum riser of off of it-if off How high is the riser? Is it to be behind or beside the drummer?  How loud do you want it to be?  How low do you want it to go?

Building a box is easy, building the RIGHT box, takes a lot more thought.

I will be putting a Yamaha SM15V on top of it. Most places that we play do not have drum risers, but what I would like to build should be able to accomadate riser or no riser. Most places we play the drum monitor will be to his left side. As for how loud and low, I am primarily just wanting to get some decent kick sound for the drummer.

Art Welter

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:19:11 PM »

Check out my reply to Matt:
Re: building a drum sub monitor, what driver? [message #368760 is a reply to message #368673 ]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.