ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 hours with Bob Heil  (Read 10517 times)

Bob Leonard

Re: 3 hours with Bob Heil
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 10:54:53 PM »

Mike Christy wrote on Tue, 26 August 2008 13:34

If the new git mic is anything like the PR-30 I'll be all over it.

For reference, I regularly use the Pr-30 on Alto sax, it is wonderful. I also had a problematic male vocalist, he would overdrive 58s, 835s, etc, not in the high register, but with a weird low/mid power tone that was always in his voice. He would overdrive the capsule, pre pad/preamp. The PR-20 fixed the issue, it sounds wonderful on his voice.

Just my experience.

Mike

Mike,
The guitar mic uses the PR-35 element, and they should be available soon.

Glad to hear the Heils have worked for you, and the alto must sound just incredible through a PR-30. Smile
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Joe Shambro

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »

John Azzara wrote on Mon, 25 August 2008 11:09

I have no respect for Mr. Heil. Sorry Evil or Very Mad
His products were, and are a joke for HamRadio.

I was glad to see Him move His infertile efforts to ProAudio.
 Laughing

I would recommend highly that you go immediately to the best audiologist that you and/or your insurance can afford and have your ears checked for problems.

Heil products are solidly built and sound fantastic.  They may not be your favorite brand, but they work very well and many people find them to be top quality.  Not to mention, like the products or not, any of us sound engineers should have the utmost respect for what Mr. Heil contributed to the science of live audio in the last few decades.

Jeff Babcock

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 09:44:44 AM »

John Azzara wrote on Mon, 25 August 2008 12:09

I have no respect for Mr. Heil. Sorry Evil or Very Mad
His products were, and are a joke for HamRadio.

I was glad to see Him move His infertile efforts to ProAudio.
 Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Don't feed the TROLL

Glenn Keane

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 09:42:45 PM »

Bob,  I personally have not dealt with Bob but a very good friend of mine has recently.  I believe he was looking to upgrade his PR-20 (with the PR-22 capsule) and my friend actually got a chance to speak directly with Bob (via phone) at fairly great length about the expectations with the upgrade etc.  Needless to say, he received his mic upgrade back with a note from Bob himself outlining what he did.  Talk about customer service!!  

Also Bob, I'm a relative newb to this board (from a posting standpoint, but not from a viewing standpoint) and always find your insights very helpful.  Specifically regarding your upgrade of your Bag End subs.  I too own a pair of S-18B's and upgraded the drivers to Eminence Omega Pro-18A's and they kick.  

Bob Leonard

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

Glenn Keane wrote on Mon, 29 December 2008 21:42

Bob,  I personally have not dealt with Bob but a very good friend of mine has recently.  I believe he was looking to upgrade his PR-20 (with the PR-22 capsule) and my friend actually got a chance to speak directly with Bob (via phone) at fairly great length about the expectations with the upgrade etc.  Needless to say, he received his mic upgrade back with a note from Bob himself outlining what he did.  Talk about customer service!!  

Also Bob, I'm a relative newb to this board (from a posting standpoint, but not from a viewing standpoint) and always find your insights very helpful.  Specifically regarding your upgrade of your Bag End subs.  I too own a pair of S-18B's and upgraded the drivers to Eminence Omega Pro-18A's and they kick.  

Gene,
I'm glad the upgrade went well for you. It's not often you can take a piece of very old gear and bring it back to life with a simple upgrade.

Bob Heil is by far one of the nicest people I have met in my 58 years on this earth. He's honest and sincere, has great stories to tell, and has made huge contributions to pro sound. To date I have replaced almost all of my mics with Heils of every type and have not regreted doing so one bit.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Karl Bader

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 10:50:38 AM »

I too am a huge fan of the Heil mic. At least the PR-22. It was my first review for Pro Audio Review. I wrote him and Heil Sound an e-mail about an interest in the PR-22. I expected maybe an e-mail in a couple of days or some sort of reply like that. Bob Heil himself called me 2 hours later! I think that says something about his business ethics. When do you see that anymore in this industry?

I was truly impressed with the mic itself and Bob's attitude.

If anyone is interested you can find the article here: http://www.proaudioreview.com/article/16734

Thanks,

Karl

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.