ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cone Protection  (Read 8333 times)

Iain_Macdonald

Re: Cone Protection
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 02:06:28 PM »

Aaron,

+1 for the ScotchGuard.

We had a job to supply 350 speakers to a racecourse in the far east.  Average 98% humidity and average temperatures of 100. They were all treated with the product. I can confirm that they were still working 15 years later. Depending on how much you spray, it will change the sound a little. But not by very much. Of more concern is the wood in wooden cabs. A lacquer coating is worthwhile. Also attend to connectors etc. A blob of silicon sealant works well.

Iain.

edit: missed your latest post while I was writing this one. Have a look at the AE2 cones. I seem to remember Ken Deloria saying that they were coated. If they were in someone elses care before you, they might well not have the original cone. Using the ScotchGuard will increase the moving mass Mmd, you will have the slightest loss of the upper range of the driver.

Aaron Kovacik

Re: Cone Protection
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 12:55:24 AM »

Go figure, I just took a look at the spec sheet and they are coated...I'm sure mine are to factory original specs, but I'll check just in case. Maybe I'll read up on the gear I'm using next time Embarassed Paint is lacquer and the connections will shortly be sealed. Well,thanks for your time gents.
-Aaron
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.