ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: You wonder why Mac users feel defensive and a little pugnacious?  (Read 5912 times)

Chris Davis

Re: What versions?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 02:34:47 PM »

Riley Casey wrote on Wed, 13 August 2008 13:43

This is beginning to look like a no go for use on 10.4.  Neither Safari 3.2.1 nor the current version of Firefox will make the OS sniffer on the NBC site happy. Keeps telling me I need Windoze.  

I haven't read every post in this thread, but did you clear out the cache on each of your browsers after you installed the Silverlight add-on?  Your browsers may be defaulting on old files or cookies from before you installed Silverlight.

Craig Hauber

• http://www.csaproductionsinc.com
Re: You wonder why Mac users feel defensive and a little pugnacious?
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 01:27:54 PM »

You think that is bad, try doing ANYTHING on the most "orphaned" OS I've ever come across... Windows XP Pro x64 edition!

I was sold it as the "ideal OS for AMD dual-core 64-bit applications"

Any users of this one out there?  or did you all quit and go back to 32-bit or Vista?

Finding and installing drivers on this one makes Linux seem easy!

Craig Hauber
CSA Productions Inc.
Ventura-Santa Barbara CA
www.csaproductionsinc.com

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »

Craig Hauber wrote on Sat, 16 August 2008 13:27

You think that is bad, try doing ANYTHING on the most "orphaned" OS I've ever come across... Windows XP Pro x64 edition!

Any users of this one out there?  or did you all quit and go back to 32-bit or Vista?

<troll>
This is because Windows is *clearly* the best, easiest to use, OS available today.
</troll>

Cory Waters

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »

Rob Timmerman wrote on Sat, 16 August 2008 12:45

<troll>
This is because Windows is *clearly* the best, easiest to use, OS available today.
</troll>

Your avitar is calling BS on you Smile

I've had the same experience as Mac.  Downloaded and installed silverlite and watching the games just fine.  I'm using Firefox though.

CW
Intermittant failure is the very hand of the Devil!
My blog:  http://houseaudioguy.blogspot.com/
A fantastic photography book we're selling that benefits the National Childhood Cancer Foundation http://www.robertstech.com/pdmlbook/

Riley Casey

• http://www.ESPsound.com
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »

Which version of OSX are you using ?

Cory Waters wrote on Sun, 17 August 2008 15:36

I've had the same experience as Mac.  Downloaded and installed silverlite and watching the games just fine.  I'm using Firefox though.

CW

Silas Pradetto

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »

Craig Hauber wrote on Sat, 16 August 2008 13:27

I've used 64-bit XP and 64-bit Vista, I quit them all and I'm back to 32-bit XP with my 3.3 gig RAM limit.  Mad

Cory Waters

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »

Riley Casey wrote on Mon, 18 August 2008 17:20

Which version of OSX are you using ?

Cory Waters wrote on Sun, 17 August 2008 15:36

CW

Intermittant failure is the very hand of the Devil!
My blog:  http://houseaudioguy.blogspot.com/
A fantastic photography book we're selling that benefits the National Childhood Cancer Foundation http://www.robertstech.com/pdmlbook/

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »

Hi Riley,

Sorry to come late to the party, but I learned from my kid last night that you have to have one of the newish Macs (the ones with Intel processors that can run either the Mac OS or Windows natively). It won't work on the older Macs regardless of OS version or Safari version.

My older aluminum Powerbook was unable to do anything with the NBC videos, but after he spent 10 minutes or so typing and downloading and installing stuff, he got the Macbook to play Olympic videos just fine.

FWIW, I just finished watching the US women vs Cuba quarterfinal volleyball match, and the Internet video experience was so superior to watching on TV that I hope to enjoy a lot of the Olympics that I wasn't able to see during broadcast. At least on this one, there was no verbal commentary, no cutaway breaks, no commercials. Just the action in the arena from the first warmups until the participants exited the arena at the conclusion. They showed useful stats in between sets (games), and overall stats after the match was over.

If the player allowed for full screen, it would have been magnificent. As it was, I'll settle for superior.

Don't know how long that archive will be available, but it is an awesome thing.

If you were already using one of the correct Macs, then I suggest you find a 12-25 year old to help you figure it out. That has always worked for me.

Best wishes,
Dan

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.