ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 projectors three sources need help  (Read 4191 times)

Jeff Pershing

3 projectors three sources need help
« on: August 08, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »

Here is what I want to do and I don't know what I need to make it happen.

I am a youth pastor at a local church

I want to have three projectors running at one time.  On two of the projectors i want the same image and then on the other projector i want to be able to have a different image.  

I have a computer a video camera and a dvd player hooked up.  I want to be able to put the video camera and overlay the words of the song on that image.

I have the three projectors.  

My understanding so far is a video matrix and a switcher.  Any help would be greatful

A Thomas Lamb

Re: 3 projectors three sources need help
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »

There are several ways to do this. First However I have a few questions

1. Do you have any other gear currently besides what you have described (switchers, VGA splitters, Computers, Software, VGA cables)

2. Mac or PC?

3. Do you have a budget?

4. Do you want the third screen to always be different? Or do you want to be able to show the same things on it that are on the other 2 from time to time?

Answer these questions and it will give us a little better idea for what you need to accomplish. Also if you are a mac person take a look  at Pro Presenter it will allow you to do overlays over your words by taking a camera input through fire wire and will also allow you to do other motion backgrounds behind words as well. It is the easiest to use and best looking software by far and is what I use for doing what you are wanting to do. If you have to use a PC then take a look at media shout it will do it as well but you will need some other hardware to go with it. If you are in need of purchasing a new computer for doing this don't count out buying a MAC even if you are not a Apple person. You will find that it will not cost you any more to purchase a Imac then it will to get a PC with the stuff you need to do what you are wanting to do and the Imac will be easier to use and last longer without having any problems.
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production

Jeff Pershing

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:54:28 PM »

I have a mac.  Power mac g5 and three projectors.  I currently have a scan convertor as well.  Budget wise doesn't really matter i don't want to buy bottom line stuff but I don't necessarily need production quality stuff.  We aren't going on tv or anything.  3 screens would like the flexibility to put whatever I want on any screen or mix and match.  I have a video camera just a $500.00 sony don't need anything nicer for our applications.  So that should kind of tell you our needs.  Thanks so much for the help.  We also use final cut pro for all our editing and keynote for our "powerpoint" presentations.

A Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »

Ok so first thing go to www.renewedvision.com and download pro presenter. There should be a trial version available and that will get you going for 30 days. You should be able to plug in your video camera into the computer through firewire or maybe even USB and once you launch pro presenter it should become pretty obvious on how to make that work.

second thing I would suggest going VGA to all of your projectors. We are in a hi def age and thats what we like to look at is the highest quality video as possible. It is not going to cost you a mint to go VGA verses a lowerquality.

Also PP will play DVDs for you so you might be able to get by without a matrix or switcher for a while.

I have another question though is the third screen a rear screen or another front screen? if it is a rear screen does it have more than 1 VGA input? are you going to use it for teleprompt?
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production

Jeff Pershing

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »

I can't thank you enough for the insight.  The third screen is a front screen.  It is for our youth department.  They like lots of visuals happening.

A Thomas Lamb

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

So do you have another computer for it or  how were you planning on using it? BTW I am a technical director for a fairly large church in central florida as well as doing design and install work for churches primarily.
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.