ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's wrong with these 16 pictures from yesterday?  (Read 71580 times)

Jason Lavoie

Re: reporting problems and inspections
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »

it's one thing to block a door with something that can be easily pushed away by a fleeing mob, but to block it so completely is baffling..

as for the people who didn't say anything. so many people think that if you're not in a crowded nightclub that fires are easy to get away from..

Jason

Jeff Babcock

Re: What's wrong with these 16 pictures from yesterday?
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »

I just did a small festival this weekend where a homemade stage was provided.  The actual stage FLOOR was fine.

However.....

Surprise surprise, TV tower sections were used as "truss".   Sad Needless to say I made sure that no lights or PA were suspended from that.

The roof..... well, first the "truss" for the roof was just laying up there... ie NOT bolted or otherwise connected in any way to anything.  A windstorm would have blown the roof clean off.  Thankfully there wasn't much wind.

Secondly, there wasn't enough support in the roof between the fact that it wasn't real truss and that the spans too far apart.  So the stage builder cut holes in the tarp so that water wouldn't pool up on the roof and collapse it.  Guess where these holes were..... RIGHT OVER BACKLINE! Shocked   So every time it rained, water was pouring down on the back of the stage in a steady stream.

It poured rain several times and only a very small section of the "covered" stage ended up not getting soaked, thanks to these holes.  Fortunately it didn't rain during any actual performances and no major damage happened.

As I have said before, I can usually tolerate a homemade stage, but roofs scare me.  People vastly underestimate the danger involved.

Ian Hunt

« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »

Edline Edmond wrote on Sat, 02 August 2008 13:30

Were is the duck tape that helps hold up the roof? Laughing

Stuck to the ryder possibly?
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.