ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need video help - ongoing.  (Read 1598 times)

Grant Conklin

• http://www.G-ForceProAudio.com
Need video help - ongoing.
« on: July 30, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »

Hello -
My company is focused almost solely on audio, and I'm trying to decide how deep I will go with installations involving video.  Ideally, I need to team up with someone on a contract basis who is much more video savvy than I, but in the marketplace I wasn't able to churn up any locals (St. Paul, MN) willing to do that.  I'm going to ask for a little help here, but I know I'd wear the forum out pretty quick if I did this for every job.  

Currently I'm working on a quote for a small church.  They have one projector and screen already mounted, but want to add another projector (I've been looking at the Sanyo PLCXU78) and screen in an adjacent room, and have the same material on both projectors.  I know this is fairly simple, but assuming I have up to 16 feet to project a 6x8 image, what all do I need to make it work, and can someone point me in the right direction for the nuts and bolts of projector mounting, cabling, switchers.... the basics of video instal.  

Thanks from a video newb,
Grant
Dealer for Fulcrum-Acoustic, JTR, Yorkville, VTC, FBT, Xilica, Hosa, Gator Cases, and On Stage Stands.
www.G-ForceProAudio.com

Jon Bannan

Re: Need video help - ongoing.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:36:18 PM »

Grant,

So the first thing you need to do is select the projector.  You know the screen size.  Most manufactorers will have some sort of projection distance calculation tool.  We have 2 different ways of mounting here at our College.  I either require a Chief CMA series mount which is mounted to either Uni-strut or a Chief ceiling grid mount (part number eludes me right now).  You'll need a plate which gets mounted to the projector and connects that to the pole that is hanging.

If you're putting the same content on both screens, then you will need a D/A.  Extron, Kramer, lots of people make D/A's.  You will need to identify what sources you need send to both units.  This will determine what type of DA you will need.

It may be easier for you to put a switcher scaler in which will always send vga to both projectors.  This way if you are showing a video source you don't have to run and switch both projectors to video vs computer inputs.  For example a Kramer VP-719DS has 2 vga outputs which eliminates the need for your D/A.  And since all of your video sources will be scaled up to the resolution of the projector, you are just pulling one cable which will shorten your install time as well.

Hope this makes sense
Jon
Give me more coffee and no one gets hurt

Grant Conklin

• http://www.G-ForceProAudio.com
Re: Need video help - ongoing.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:10:46 PM »

Thanks for your help, Jon!  
Grant
Dealer for Fulcrum-Acoustic, JTR, Yorkville, VTC, FBT, Xilica, Hosa, Gator Cases, and On Stage Stands.
www.G-ForceProAudio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.