ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: S/PDIF to optical converter?  (Read 800 times)

Lee Brenkman

S/PDIF to optical converter?
« on: July 20, 2008, 01:48:02 pm »

Learned colleagues...

I'm in the middle of my regular Summer run at the Stanford Jazz Workshop and Festival.

I'm mixing most of their concerts on a Yamaha 01V96 and, as in past years, they want an archive recording of the main L/R output.  

In past years that has meant an DAT machine and/or CD burner.   Since they got the Yamaha I've fed those from the RCA connector with the 2 Track S/PDIF signal.

This year they acquired a MacBook Pro with Logic Express and a 1TB hard drive.

So far I've been using my trusty Griffin iMic to connect the analog RCA 2 Track outputs to the USB input on the Mac.

I'd like to avoid the analog to digital conversion and go straight to the optical input on the laptop.

Is there a small, inexpensive S/PDIF to optical converter that would do that for me?

I'm already using the ADAT in and out for additional mic pres and monitor/fill outputs.

Cheers,
Lee

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

Rob Ottaviano

Re: S/PDIF to optical converter?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 02:08:27 pm »

Lee Brenkman wrote on Sun, 20 July 2008 18:48

Learned colleagues...

I'm in the middle of my regular Summer run at the Stanford Jazz Workshop and Festival.

I'm mixing most of their concerts on a Yamaha 01V96 and, as in past years, they want an archive recording of the main L/R output.  

In past years that has meant an DAT machine and/or CD burner.   Since they got the Yamaha I've fed those from the RCA connector with the 2 Track S/PDIF signal.

This year they acquired a MacBook Pro with Logic Express and a 1TB hard drive.

So far I've been using my trusty Griffin iMic to connect the analog RCA 2 Track outputs to the USB input on the Mac.

I'd like to avoid the analog to digital conversion and go straight to the optical input on the laptop.

Is there a small, inexpensive S/PDIF to optical converter that would do that for me?

I'm already using the ADAT in and out for additional mic pres and monitor/fill outputs.

Cheers,
Lee

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/CO2-main.html

Peace
It ain't the gear,it's the ear !!!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: S/PDIF to optical converter?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 02:08:27 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.