ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Install for City Council  (Read 6149 times)

Don Boone

Re: Sound Install for City Council
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 12:56:19 PM »

My base system for simple council rooms is AKG short shotguns on GN goosenecks plugged into Astatic PTT bases (set for push to mute) into SCM auto mixers with Shure DFR for EQ and just a touch of compression/limiting.

Don

Dick Rees

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »

Don Boone wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 11:56

My base system for simple council rooms is AKG short shotguns on GN goosenecks plugged into Astatic PTT bases (set for push to mute) into SCM auto mixers with Shure DFR for EQ and just a touch of compression/limiting.

Don

Are you using the AKG CK80 capsule?  This is almost the exact setup I use for conferencing and/or live radio public forums except that I got a deal on Audio-Technica bases.
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Brad Weber

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »

Don Boone wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 12:56

Similar here except for using the Audio-Technica mini shotguns and the Lectrosonics AM8 gain sharing automixer.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Cody Hazelwood

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 07:42:04 PM »

Okay, I've done some research, and I'm going to use three zones. One over council members, one of the audience, and one to the TV station.  I think I like the Symetrix 780 DSP, but I'm having trouble locating one to purchase.  Anybody know a store that carries them? (I can't buy used cause insurance is paying for it)  I haven't made up my mind on amp choices yet.  Anybody have any strong suggestions?  For speakers I'm going to go with the Atlas FAP42's.  Would 8 of those be enough? (I was thinking 6 for audience and 2 over the council people).

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »

the 780 was just introduced at Infocomm, so it may not be available everywhere yet.
when the 760 came out there was a decent delay before we could actually get them.

Jason

Cody Hazelwood

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »

Okay everybody, here's what I've decided:

3 Peavey S-4 Auto Mixers
1 DBX 220i DSP
6 Atlas FAP42
1 Samson 240w Zone Amp

My plan is to run the 11 mics we use into the auto mixers, apply slight compression to each mic and the needed eq, and then send that to the DBX, where I'll use the parametric eq as needed and enable the AFS on the speakers and then send a separately processed signal to the TV cameras.

Any suggestions before I purchase this stuff?

I looked at all of the Zone DSP's I could find, and the Symetrix 780 is the only one I could get to work for my needs (I think) and I couldn't find it anywhere.  Does anybody have any experience with these Peavey Automixers?

Dave Hudzik

• http://www.livewiresi.com
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »

remember to have a nice gooseneck mic for each individual seat at the chamber table... especially if you are going to TV for public access, you will be very unsatisfied with the results other wise.

Good EQ on each mic channel as well to be able to handle some HPF and LPF that you may need to keep room noise down for broadcast
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.