ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 Screen issue  (Read 6450 times)

Guy Morris

LS9 Screen issue
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:50:03 AM »

Hi

Switched on the LS9 16 on Friday and it booted Ok showing logo etc then brought up a channel but then the screen went to white out as if the contrast and brightness had been set to maximum.I did switch off and re start as a precaution but the screen  remained unreadable. Desk passed audio OK and if you looked from the side of the screen you could just make out display,managed to get into set up page and screen control and turned contrast and brightness back to normal so problem solved with no further problem. As I was the first and last to use the desk (owner/operator no dry hire)I know that the screen display was set correctly, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all? I'm always moaning about the lack of touchscreen on the LS9 (mainly use M7) but on Friday I was grateful that at least without  a screen I could use the desk!

Mike Bamber

• Live Sound Hire Ltd
Re: LS9 Screen issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:10:10 AM »

Not experienced it - it does point to a hardware fault if it does it now on the startup screen.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »

I've heard about the screens going black due to over heating but never white.... ..... .....

Do you know if any firmware updates have been done lately ?

Guy Morris

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 05:53:29 AM »

I've heard about the screens going black due to over heating but never white.... ..... .....

Do you know if any firmware updates have been done lately ?

No Firmware updates done on it. Not had it go black and I know the desk gets hot (especially with loom box lid down ) but thanks for the heads up on that! The desk had just come out of the van which was cold and that was my first thought for why I got the problem. I'm happy that it was just a setting issue rather than screen problem but not knowing why it occurred is frustrating. At least if it does occur again I know it is possible to get into the screen setting to change and then it will be a trip up to Yamaha MK! (very fast and efficient service)

Thanks for your comments

Dan Michaels

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »

Here's a variation on this theme.  Friday night I fired up an LS9 to a similar situation... the screen was almost white and could only be read from an angle.  ReBooted and even the initial boot-screen was washed out.  I checked the display settings and all was well.  Oddly though, when I tried adjusting the contrast, there was no effect at all.  It was almost like the contrast control just didn't work anymore.

Took it to my home shop, warmed it up and got into it on Saturday, reflashed the firmware to the newest version and still no improvement.  Checked the contrast control and it seemed to have *some* effect though now.  Turned all the way down, the screen was more legible straight on.  ReBooted the unit again and everything was fine.  It was like there had been no problems at all.

A sign of things to come?  Is there an inside tech at Yamaha I can refer this to?

Thanks

No Firmware updates done on it. Not had it go black and I know the desk gets hot (especially with loom box lid down ) but thanks for the heads up on that! The desk had just come out of the van which was cold and that was my first thought for why I got the problem. I'm happy that it was just a setting issue rather than screen problem but not knowing why it occurred is frustrating. At least if it does occur again I know it is possible to get into the screen setting to change and then it will be a trip up to Yamaha MK! (very fast and efficient service)

Thanks for your comments

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »

ummm this is worrying !!!

Daniel Cash

• SR Forums
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »

Is there an inside tech at Yamaha I can refer this to?

Give USA Yamaha headquarters a call, and they will trouble shoot the problem on the phone with you. From my experience, they are super helpful and nice, and you will be talking to a real shop tech who knows what they are talking about.

http://www.yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/support.php
Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems, Inc.
   Tel:714-522-9011

Dan Michaels

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »

Thanks.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.  I've been working with the console for three years now and its been a solid performer.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.