ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland VDrums and Direct Boxes  (Read 6557 times)

Dave Abbey

Roland VDrums and Direct Boxes
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »

Right now we use Radial DI's but are wanting to clean the cords up a bit and was wondering what would be lost if we simply replaced the di's/mic cable/line cable with a custom snake with 1/4 in to xlr ends.. i read the Vdrums manual and they are not balanced outputs. Everything that is in me says no way.. a great di is what we should switch to if anything.. but......

Thomas Lamb

Re: Roland VDrums and Direct Boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »

Right now we use Radial DI's but are wanting to clean the cords up a bit and was wondering what would be lost if we simply replaced the di's/mic cable/line cable with a custom snake with 1/4 in to xlr ends.. i read the Vdrums manual and they are not balanced outputs. Everything that is in me says no way.. a great di is what we should switch to if anything.. but......

How many outputs are you using? Whirlwind will make you a 8 channel inline direct box if you are splitting everything out. A church I used to be at had one (until they went acoustic) 8 m Xlr snake into a small style stage box which housed the transformers and then a short 8 ch snake with ts connectors.

If you are just using stereo outs stick with radial.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:51:35 PM by Thomas Lamb »
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:18:59 AM »

If it is unbalanced and you are more then 20 feet or so from the mixer, you should use DI boxes.  If you are using the Radial JDI  You are using a good Jensen transformer DI box and you can buy a rack mount for them to tie them all together.

Other companies make good DI boxes as well, and you can always put peal and stick Velcro on the back to line them up nice and neat

Disclaimer,  I am one of those companies.

Frank
Not to Code

John M Gibby

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »

I would highly recommend audiopile's DIs.  They are economical, high quality, & durable. 

http://www.audiopile.net/products/DI_Boxes/FDB-404/FDB-404_cutsheet.shtml

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.