ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't mix rock'n'roll with digital desks  (Read 45640 times)

Mark Hadman

Re: Don't mix rock'n'roll with digital desks
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2008, 09:29:08 PM »

Two of our five shows at Glastonbury this weekend are on a Soundcraft vi6. I like the way that Soundcraft have released PC editor software that can be used stand-alone for familiarisation with the console. It makes reading the manual a lot more purposeful.

I can see a few potential problems though - access to auxes is going to be a pain because the aux masters / solos share with the VCAs, and the 'user' setting for aux access on the vistonics rows seems to be stuck on auxes 3&4. So accessing multiple auxes quickly whilst mixing with VCAs might be fiddly - not good because mons are gonna be from FOH on this gig. And the idea of having virtual VCA layers for every bus is just beyond scary. I must take steps to avoid activating that one. If any of you have used the vi6, I'd love to hear what you think.

I'm much happier about the other gigs (MH3 & Venice), but we'll see how my attitude to digital is after this weekend. I've got the nasty feeling that I'll be too busy executing strange movements to get between layers and double checking that I'm in the right place to spend much time hearing the music...

Joe Lepore

Re: A curmudgeonly rant back at ya!!
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2008, 11:54:15 PM »

Tim McCulloch wrote on Sun, 22 June 2008 12:41

Yes, I'm waiting for the "deer in the headlights" look from a BE when he confronts his first PM-4000 on a festival... watching him scramble in the outboard rack to find his comps and gates and exclaim "what?  Only 12 compressors?  Uh.. how do you assign them?"  
Tim Mc

Simple .. he's probably running an opener .. what comps and gates .. headliner has them all Smile
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.