ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NSCA membership  (Read 1435 times)

Craig Hauber

• http://www.csaproductionsinc.com
NSCA membership
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:49:31 pm »

For those of you that are members, how has it benefitted your company?
Times are tight right now and $500 a year seems steep, unless it actually pays off in the end.

I mostly do sound (nightclubs and restaurants) does this association deal with that or is it mostly A/V with emphasis on the "V"

I've been to some nsca training seminars and was astounded at how horrible the audio was -It was so bad that I strained for comprehension -It probably would have been better with the ballroom ceiling speakers turned off and no amplification.  It just says alot that an organization all about systems contracting would tolerate such a lousy A/V setup.

So any comments and advise would be appreciated (I've been getting alot of email from them and have been wondering what to do)

(BTW, the seminar I attended was very educational, grounding by Bill Whitlock of Jensen Transformers -If you get a chance to hear him you WILL learn something new -even if you think you know it all like I did Smile)
Craig Hauber
CSA Productions Inc.
Ventura-Santa Barbara CA
www.csaproductionsinc.com

Ivan Beaver

Re: NSCA membership
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 05:47:46 pm »

Craig Hauber wrote on Sat, 07 June 2008 16:49

(BTW, the seminar I attended was very educational, grounding by Bill Whitlock of Jensen Transformers -If you get a chance to hear him you WILL learn something new -even if you think you know it all like I did Smile)

When I took Bill's seminar years ago, I went into it very close minded.  I thought I "knew it all" regarding grounding.

BOY WAS I WRONG!  I learned that most of of what I "thought" I knew was actually wrong. Shocked

Some of the best money spent in terms of education.

Regarding the sound when I took the class, I did not even think about it, which is the way it is supposed to be Very Happy

In terms of NSCA value, I cannot really say. Back when they had their own show, admission was included in membership, along iwth many other benifits.  I cannot say if it is really "worth the money".  

It will be interesting to see what happens now that NSCA and Infocomm have joined up.  NSCA was more the audio show and Infocomm was more the video show, but they were "morphing" into each other, so now they are one.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Brad Weber

Re: NSCA membership
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:26:30 am »

Craig Hauber wrote on Sat, 07 June 2008 16:49

I mostly do sound (nightclubs and restaurants) does this association deal with that or is it mostly A/V with emphasis on the "V"

Quite the opposite, although NSCA does also cross into other low voltage systems (access control, nurse call, etc.) InfoComm was the AV association and NSCA much more audio focused, although that line had been becoming more blurred over the years.

Quote:

I've been to some nsca training seminars and was astounded at how horrible the audio was -It was so bad that I strained for comprehension -It probably would have been better with the ballroom ceiling speakers turned off and no amplification.  It just says alot that an organization all about systems contracting would tolerate such a lousy A/V setup.

No, it says a lot about the facility and/or the rental and staging company who was contracted, which may be controlled by the facility.  I have had the same type of problems as a presenter as well but the sound was provided by a contracted firm and the association organizers had no direct control over what was provided or the results.  There is little they can do about what was installed in the building, all they can do is try a different provider the next time and hope to get better results.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.