ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LAB Grille?  (Read 6263 times)

The Guy

Re: LAB Grille?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 08:37:16 PM »

Silas Pradetto wrote on Mon, 19 May 2008 21:08

I'm pretty sure using any foam is going to have a BAD effect on these, they push so much air that the foam will probably blow off or get sucked in, or something bad will happen. And before that bad thing happens, it's certainly not going to sound good.

I was going to put grills on mine, but I decided not to because it was too much work. I reconsidered though when a 2 year old got stuck in one at a concert and I didn't notice...then the reggae band started their set...

Mine still have no grills though.

I disagree.  The D&B B2, for example, moves a lot of air, and it has a foam grille.  Open cell filter foam does not impede airflow significantly in an audio application.  I have grilles on all my LAB subs with no ill effects.  Makes them look nicer, and keeps the foreign objects out.

Sound waves are just that....waves, they don't produce a consistent "sucking" or "blowing" motion.  So, it would be quite improbable that your grilles would get blown off or sucked up inside.

-JB

Josh Billings

• http://www.mindboxmedia.com/soundsystem
Re: LAB Grille?
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 07:08:35 PM »

agreed.

one things that's nice about no grill is being able to put things inside the subs (I put monitors inside mine Smile

-Josh
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.