ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: Acoustical Engineer for Noise Abatement Issues  (Read 14327 times)

Charlie Zureki

Re: Wanted: Acoustical Engineer for Noise Abatement Issues
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »

If the Vibration is from excitation of the bulding then you definately need an Acoustician that is familiar with Vibration.
It's likely the club's structure will have to change.

The Builder of the Club or Condo, whomever built last is probably in deep! Sounds like legal problems.

Good Luck,

Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Tim Padrick

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »

The cheapest solution may be to give the condo residents free dinner & drinks anything they want, in exchange for not complaining.

Find out if, by connecting the footers/foundations, the condo builder violated any codes or encroached on the nightclub's property rights.  If either is the case, it may be up to him to fix the problem at his expense.

Don Boone

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »

I just want to go on record by saying that if you solve this problem (short of converting all the condo dweller's to the profoundly deaf) you deserve the Nobel Prize for Physics.

Don

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »

Don, It can be done. It's just a matter of whether they want to spend the Money. Or... they could always lose the Subs.

Hammer

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »

Apparently, it's not Sound that's the problem it's Energy in  the form of Vibration. Much harder to deal with when it's exciting the whole club.

Cheers,

Hammer

Brad Weber

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 12:19:23 AM »

Charlie Zureki wrote on Sat, 17 May 2008 20:52

Apparently, it's not Sound that's the problem it's Energy in  the form of Vibration. Much harder to deal with when it's exciting the whole club.

That's why it is almost always better to address noise and vibration problems at the source.  It is usually much more effective both physically and financially to try to prevent the vibration from getting into the structure than it is to try to deal with it once it is there.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 08:27:24 AM »

[quote title=Brad Weber wrote on Sun, 18 May 2008 00:19That's why it is almost always better to address noise and vibration problems at the source.  [/quote]

As it is with ANY audio problem.  Once it gets "into the system" it is much harder to deal with-mic technique-distortion-noise etc.

And with loudspeaker design-keep it from hitting things you don't want it to, kill the 1st reflection 9then you don't have later reflections) etc.

Here is an idea.  Kill the subs!  then the club dies and the problem goes away-literally. Laughing
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Chris Poole

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 05:48:40 PM »

One of the best acousticians/architects in the industry is Martin Pilchner of Pilchner Schoustal International.  If you're serious about having your problem solved, get in touch with his company.

http://pilchner-schoustal.com/

-Chris

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »

Chris,

While Pilchner is very good at what they do, I'm very certain that an Engineer/Acoustician can be found in California or one of the surrounding States that has the right type of experience to consult on this project. This Project needs an engineer with Modal Analysis experience.
I could have recommended many of the Best Engineers/ Acousticians,(Larson,Davis,Corelli,etc..) but I'm guessing that the Club Owner wouldn't want to pay their Rate.  Smile

Cheers,

Hammer

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »

Charlie Zureki wrote on Sun, 18 May 2008 21:28

I could have recommended many of the Best Engineers/ Acousticians,(Larson,Davis,Corelli,etc..) but I'm guessing that the Club Owner wouldn't want to pay their Rate.  Smile

Cheers,

Hammer

Paying the consultant is just step ONE.  Implementing what they suggest is quite another.

Doing it RIGHT is probably going to be expensive.  Guessing about cheap solution that probably will not work is quite another.

The owner is going to have to pay for REAL advice that would work.

I guess it really depends on how serious the problem is and what the consequencies are if he does nothing.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.