ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: OK off Topic but this is useful to us all and i will share  (Read 44818 times)

Randy Frierson

OK this drivewater thing works, i saw it first hand. my warehouse is next door to a businees who are arms dealers and they have to much free time...i saw them make hydrogen, and then i saw the device mounted to a Ford F150...they said they were getting around 12 miles prior and after their test they are now getting around 20..and all you do is add water every 2 weeks to this cannister..Now they built the basic unit and it worked but did not make them happy so they built a hybrid unit with better case to hold the plates, added more plates a check valve ect and made a lot more hydrogen...I swear it works. They are building me 4 units next week (we are very good neighbors) one unit will go on my FL 70 and one unit on my Hino..I will report back on their results..I believe in this so much that I am well putting one unit on my Toyota Land Cruiser...PM me for more info   Randy

Steve Weiss

Re: OK off Topic but this is useful to us all and i will share
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:45:48 AM »

OK please tell me this is a late April fools joke????

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:37:53 PM »

It's entirely possible, but highly unlikely. Water's two main components are both combustible.. Hydrogen and Oxygen, but they are not "efficient" enough to power a vehicle. The throughput of water would make it necessary for the vehicle to have a very long hose to it's source.
Similar to having an Electric car with an extension cord permanently attached.

Now if they have solved cold Fusion!  Laughing

Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Andy Zimmerman

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:41:52 PM »

Is this the deal where you stick stainless steel plates in a canister, run a current from your battery through them and generate HHO/Brown's gas/etc to feed into your intake? I ran across this the other day and wondered how legitimate it is. Then I found a comment by a guy named Russ Scott (COO at Hydrogen Technology Applications Inc.), who seemed to be doubtful of any benefits from a lot of the devices being sold on the internet to take advantage of this process. Still, it is intriguing, and would be nice if it works as claimed. Some sites claim a 50% mpg increase, while others claim 12%-20%. Let us know what you find out.

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »

From what I have heard, this does work, and nets about a 10% improvement in fuel economy (at least in diesel engines).  The HHO is used as a combustion enhancer, not to power the vehicle itself, and only minute amounts are used

Yes, energy is required to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen, but this energy is recouped and more by the more complete combustion of the fuel in the cylinders.  An added benefit is reduced particulate emissions.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 01:39:18 PM »

Steve Weiss wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 10:45

OK please tell me this is a late April fools joke????

No, it's a separate the fools from their money joke.   Rolling Eyes

It takes electrical energy to perform electrolysis on the water, the H and O burn, releasing the energy that was put into it, zero sum game.

I will wait for Randy's actual gas mileage report, not what he believes will happen.

JR

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:17:59 PM »

Rob Timmerman wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 12:39

From what I have heard, this does work, and nets about a 10% improvement in fuel economy (at least in diesel engines).  The HHO is used as a combustion enhancer, not to power the vehicle itself, and only minute amounts are used

Yes, energy is required to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen, but this energy is recouped and more by the more complete combustion of the fuel in the cylinders.  An added benefit is reduced particulate emissions.

Don't confuse this with simple water injection that has been used before in high compression and/or supercharged engines. Different mechanism and different problems.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Steven Jackson

• http://www.myspace.com/stevesstudiosni
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »

My dad just ran into a website on this and I've had a hard time persuading him its a load of nonsense.

Electrolyzing the water will use more energy than combusting the H2 and O2. So unless you had an alternator that only worked on downhills, you would be wasting fuel straight away.

And as was said before, cold fusion would be the only way to get more energy out than in.

It is just a scam

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »

Steven Jackson wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 14:54

Electrolyzing the water will use more energy than combusting the H2 and O2. So unless you had an alternator that only worked on downhills, you would be wasting fuel straight away.
I admit I know little about modern car engines, but after the battery recharges, isn't there excess electricity available from the alternator? It keeps on spinning whenever the engine is running. If that's the electricity that's used for the electrolyzing, how are wasting fuel? Of course you are wasting fuel by hauling around the extra weight of the water and associated gear. I don't buy that this will have a net gain.

Mac

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »

Steven Jackson wrote on Sun, 11 May 2008 12:54

So unless you had an alternator that only worked on downhills, you would be wasting fuel straight away.

Even then you have to burn fuel to get up the hill in the first place.

Seriously, if there are significant amounts of energy in the fuel that normally doesn't get used then there's at least the theoretical potential that a  mechanism exists for getting it out. I'm no chemist so I have no idea if there is much energy going unused when fuel is burned.

Sheesh, there's energy everywhere, there's a nice grid for distributing it electrically and some pretty workable storage technology. I don't see why burning stuff has to be the way we get so much of our power, other than habit. As much as I have fond memories of the smell of racing fuel and the scream of engines I think we need a racing series for electric vehicles. I could learn to enjoy the smell of arcing brushes and the subtle whine of electric motors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.