Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

0=0=0=?

(1/3) > >>

Regan Johnson:
Ive asked quite a few engineers and never got the same answer twice.

If the meters on my console are hitting zero, shouldn't the meters on the eq's output be hitting zero as well, if the eq is flat.  Shouldn't "zero" be constant through the electronics if one isn't affecting the signal?

Alan Roberts:

--- Quote from: thatsoundguy on February 26, 2011, 10:22:18 PM ---Ive asked quite a few engineers and never got the same answer twice.

If the meters on my console are hitting zero, shouldn't the meters on the eq's output be hitting zero as well, if the eq is flat.  Shouldn't "zero" be constant through the electronics if one isn't affecting the signal?

--- End quote ---

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,20.0.html

John Roberts {JR}:

--- Quote from: Regan Johnson on February 26, 2011, 10:22:18 PM ---Ive asked quite a few engineers and never got the same answer twice.

--- End quote ---

Yes..

JR

Chris Carpenter:
Some equipment has -10dB/+4dB selector. I imagine the position of this switch would affect what the meter displays as "0".

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Regan Johnson on February 26, 2011, 10:22:18 PM ---Shouldn't "zero" be constant through the electronics if one isn't affecting the signal?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: John Roberts {JR} on February 26, 2011, 11:27:23 PM ---Yes..

JR

--- End quote ---

I guess it depends on how you read the phrase "Shouldn't "zero" be constant". If you read it to mean, "In a perfect world wouldn't zero be constant" then the answer is yes. If you read it as "With the difference in reference level between different types of gear can I be certain zero will be constant" then the answer is no.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version