ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digi Profile Console Config  (Read 4118 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Digi Profile Console Config
« on: February 26, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »

OK all you Profile experts. How do you clear out a show file without wiping the console config and plug ins? I have a console file from a venue so I can build my show to the spec of their console, and with the plug ins that they own. Unfortunately the file includes a show where more than half the inputs have routing, level, eq, and dynamics settings. I need to reset everything to zero without losing the plug ins in the file. If I reset the console from the Options/System screen in the stand alone software it clears all the channels, but also clears out all the plug ins.

Can anyone help?

Mac

Sheldon Radford

• Avid VENEU Home Page
Re: Digi Profile Console Config
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »

Hi Mac,

Here's how:
  • Put the console into CONFIG mode (Standalone software shortcut: double-click the word SHOW in the lower right corner of the screen)
  • Select all input faders by double-clicking on the numbers beneath the faders (where it says 1-8, 9-16, etc.). Alternately, you can use normal shift+click to select a subset of faders.
  • Right-click in the lower fader area and choose "Reset Selected Input Strips".
As described, all channel parameters, including patchbay routing, will be cleared, and any plug-ins assigned to the channels will be unpatched. The plug-ins themselves will remain in the plug-in racks, ready to be re-patched.

If you'd prefer, you can also clear the plug-in rack assignments, but still have access to the list of plug-ins contained in the original show file. You can then build the racks any way you like, using the same plug-ins as the original file. This is possible because each show file contains a memory of the plug-ins available at the time the file was created, including plug-ins that were installed but not placed placed in racks.

To clear all plug-in racks, simply hold down the shift key and click on the arrow in a plug-in rack slot (where you normally add/remove a plug-in to a slot). Then choose the "Clear All Racks" option. You can now start rebuilding the racks with a blank slate.

Sheldon Radford
Avid
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:45:04 PM by Sheldon Radford »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

Hi Mac,

Here's how:

Thanks Sheldon, you're a lifesaver.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.