ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Dynasonics ProRack Monitor M1016  (Read 51437 times)

Nick Morgan

Re: APB Dynasonics ProRack Monitor M1016
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

That's about what I was expecting. I've been eying these boards since it was first announced (replacing the Crest XR-20 and XRM) and have been looking for negative reports. Haven't found anything short of "these idiots didn't put mutes on the aux masters!", which isn't a problem to me.
In regards to the limited channel count, if either of you (or anyone else, for that matter) has two of them, have you tried linking them together? I noticed that this was used by someone on APB's website. I've done this with a pair of the Crest boards a while back and it worked very well for what I was doing.

Nick.

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 10:17:15 PM »

index.php/fa/18896/0/

We have Mute Switches on all input channels and on each of the 8 Stereo Output master sections (but there was no room to put them on the two mono outputs).

The linking system works the same on both brands of consoles including the solo link system, but there are more buses on the APB ProRack-Monitor.

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Nick Morgan

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »

Chuck Augustowski wrote on Mon, 10 November 2008 21:17

index.php/fa/18896/0/

We have Mute Switches on all input channels and on each of the 8 Stereo Output master sections (but there was no room to put them on the two mono outputs).

The linking system works the same on both brands of consoles including the solo link system, but there are more buses on the APB ProRack-Monitor.

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

I should have clarified better but, the mute on aux masters comment was directed toward the Prorack-House, no Monitor.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »

Nick Morgan wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 10:33

I should have clarified better but, the mute on aux masters comment was directed toward the Prorack-House, no Monitor.

More clarity and less pejorative is helpful in professional communication.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »

There simply was no physical room to include mute switches on each of the Aux Masters on ProRack-House and still have this product fit into a 10U space or without giving up other features. (But we did fit them onto ProRack-Monitor).

But the desk top version of this same mixer, ProDesk-4 includes mute switches on each of the aux master sections as shown below.

index.php/fa/18940/0/

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Nick Morgan

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 11:39:33 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 10:57

JR

Was that a dig? If so it was completely unnecessary.

Chuck Augustowski wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 12:23

There simply was no physical room to include mute switches on each of the Aux Masters on ProRack-House and still have this product fit into a 10U space or without giving up other features. (But we did fit them onto ProRack-Monitor).

But the desk top version of this same mixer, ProDesk-4 includes mute switches on each of the aux master sections as shown below.

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Excuse me, again, but I was not complaining about the lack of Aux mutes on the ProRack-House. I mentioned it specifically as one of the few "complaints" that have been voiced. This post from the ProRack-House road test being the source of that opinion:
IsraelRaz wrote on Mon, 18 June 2007 16:44

Hi Bennet.
Did you compare the 1020 to the Venice 160 ?
I did, and I can tell you very simply that the Venice sounds warmer and better far away. description of so many features just covers up its weakness in sound quality and lack of mute buttons on all outputs and cheap chinese eq buttons.

Steve Payne

• http://soundworksva.com
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 12:06:56 AM »

Nick,
 If you're going to site IsraelRaz as a source you'll be skating on thin ice.  I own a Venice.  A fine little board.  The APB ProRack kicks its ass on every front except channel count.   If you are thinking of buying a ProRack you just need to get your hands on one and then you can tell us your own opinion first hand.  If you're anywhere near Richmond, VA I'll loan you one of mine to try out on a gig.
steve

"My favorite things turn money into noise"

"Too much power is just right", - Carroll Shelby

Nick Morgan

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 12:55:10 AM »

This is actually kind of amusing at this point. I brought up the mute thing because it's the only complaint I've read. I never said I agreed with it. Just saying it's the only one.

Steve Payne

• http://soundworksva.com
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 09:06:18 AM »

Nick,
 Here's the rub.  Chuck Augustowski and John Roberts have decades of experience designing and marketing pro audio consoles.  They are well known and greatly respected here. Chuck has tried to respond directly to your complaint which you have so eloquently quoted by Mr. Raz.   IsraelRaz was a drive by that made a number of  bogus and rudely phrased complaints regarding the ProRack's performance based mainly on the fact that he didn't know how to operate a sweep hpf - and then wasn't man enough to publicly correct himself when he discovered his mistake.  He carries less than no weight here.  It's not really that amusing.
 Back to your original inquiry.  The APB ProRacks are both excellent professional tools of the highest caliber.  The only shortcoming I can think of in either of them is directly related to the constraints imposed by their physical size.  I have a copy of each in my warehouse in Richmond, VA and would be glad to let you use either or both of them on a real gig with no expectations of personal reward other than seeing the smile on your face when you returned them.  If I am not handy, there are likely other users here that would make the same offer.  Where are you located?  

steve

"My favorite things turn money into noise"

"Too much power is just right", - Carroll Shelby

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »

Nick Morgan wrote on Sat, 15 November 2008 22:39

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Tue, 11 November 2008 10:57

JR

Was that a dig? If so it was completely unnecessary.

Consider it my attempt at helpful advice for future posts to keep the focus on getting answers to any accurately presented questions and away from clearly inflammatory speech like "idiots", which will just cause more responses like mine. Quoting or paraphrasing somebody else's pejorative remark does not make it any less objectionable in professional discourse.

"Clarity" is required to get useful answers. "Pejorative" just makes people defensive and less inclined to be helpful. If this doesn't make sense to you, then keep doing what you are doing, and you will keep getting what you get. At least you can be a good object lesson for others.

JR

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.