ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing up live show  (Read 1743 times)

Darrell Klompmaker

Syncing up live show
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »

I play with a classic rock band that plays live with an adat..we have approx. 50 cans 46's 56's 64's and pin spots...we hope to add some movers in the up coming year.  What would be the best way to automate our light show and sync it to the tape. We have a nsi board with midi in out thru and nsi dimmer packs
Thoughts
Thanks
Darrell

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
Re: Syncing up live show
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

Darrell,

You need to use your real first and last name to participate here. The rules are clearly displayed at the top of the forums.

Go to your profile and change your alias to include your last name.

Craig Leerman
Forum Moderator
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Tom Herlihy

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »

Darrell, I use a PC based program called Bluelight X1 to do this.  They have an "API" in which you load a MP3, WAV, MP4, WMV etc.. (or a playlist) and the program synchs to the timecode in the file.  You then use the program to design all your lighting cues and put them at the exact time needed.  Then when you run the song/file, the lighting is fully automatic.

Best part is that you can practice and check timing by moving to any point or back and forth in the song over and over and over and over, without having to run it start to finish.  I can program an entire song (from existing cues) in minutes.

The program also works with an externally provided timecode.  So if you can get the adat to participate in the timecode scheme, it will work in tandem with Blue light.

Tom

David Buckley

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:21:37 AM »

If you are using ADAT then I assume you are playing back multiple channels.

If your ADAT recorder supports MIDI time code (MTC) then you are in luck, you just need a MIDI cable out the back, and plug that in to any MTC compatible lighting system; many real lighting consoles and many PC based products can "chase" timecode, and your lights (once programmed) will stick to your audio like they're on rails.

If no MTC then you need to sacrifice one audio channel for audio timecode, properly called Linear (or longitudinal) timecode, LTC.  You'll probably need a box to convert that to MTC as LTC support in lighting control products is hard to find.

Some good products dont look like you would expect; like the Artistic Licence four-play...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.