ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Waterproof and weatherproof speakers.  (Read 7730 times)

Brad Weber

Re: Waterproof and weatherproof speakers.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 11:31:33 PM »

Kevin,

I understand your situation, but you've gone from Technomad boxes to in-ground 'mushrooms', could it even turn out that paging horns might be appropriate?  An NDA or CDA may prevent you from discussing the particulars of the project but I don't think it will prevent you from addressing products or applications in general.  Asking something like "who offers this type of speaker" or "who makes a weatherproof speaker with the following characteristics" is probably not going to violate a NDA.  So maybe you can provide some more information without tying it to any specific project or use.

As far as commercial 'mushroom' speakers, I know of Atlas Sound, Bose, OWI, Rockustics, Soundtube and TIC.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 11:32:45 PM »

I believe you are talking about soundtube's inground speakers http://www.soundtube.com/cgi-bin/main.cgi?Speakers=start& ;series=5

I think you may want to take a look at TIC Industries though. The 5 and to a lesser extent 3 models are industry standard and used everywhere from high end residential to disney world. http://www.ticcorp.com/omni_speakers.htm The price is also very reasonable.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »

Brad Weber wrote on Sun, 06 April 2008 23:31

Kevin,

I understand your situation, but you've gone from Technomad boxes to in-ground 'mushrooms', could it even turn out that paging horns might be appropriate?  An NDA or CDA may prevent you from discussing the particulars of the project but I don't think it will prevent you from addressing products or applications in general.  Asking something like "who offers this type of speaker" or "who makes a weatherproof speaker with the following characteristics" is probably not going to violate a NDA.  So maybe you can provide some more information without tying it to any specific project or use.

As far as commercial 'mushroom' speakers, I know of Atlas Sound, Bose, OWI, Rockustics, Soundtube and TIC.

Well at the moment I really have no idea what will be needed. Indoors and outdoors systems have been mentioned. I just helped at a job (tuning) where there were some indoor systems and some outdoor systems. And lets just put it this way; I was surprised at the selections. And I probably shouldn’t say anything more about that one either.

I am just looking to further my knowledge of what is out there.

Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

Brad Weber

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 11:58:06 PM »

'Weatherproof' can also have different meanings.  I worked on a project many years ago for an Air Force facility in Kuwait (long enough ago that it was apparently about the only military facility left standing after the Iraqi invasion) that included a parade ground.  Their criteria for 'weatherproof' had nothing to do with water resistance but rather was being able to withstand a sand storm that "took the paint off cars".
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »

Brad Weber wrote on Sun, 06 April 2008 22:58

'Weatherproof' can also have different meanings.  I worked on a project many years ago for an Air Force facility in Kuwait (long enough ago that it was apparently about the only military facility left standing after the Iraqi invasion) that included a parade ground.  Their criteria for 'weatherproof' had nothing to do with water resistance but rather was being able to withstand a sand storm that "took the paint off cars".

I recall some pretty high ambient temperature specifications for some amps we sold the military for use over there around that time frame.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Al Clayton

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »

Give this a look:

http://www.onesystems.com/

Some interesting stuff made specifically for outdoor applications. I had the sales rep here a few weeks ago and was impressed with their sound. Quality appeared to be top notch. I'm starting to spec them.

Beer is proof that God Loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin

Horray Beer!

Gerry Tacker

• http://www.asrproevents.com
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 09:21:59 AM »

+1 for One Systems. Great people great product.
"Figures don’t lie but liars can figure and unfortunatly misleading / incorrect / impossible figures can sell.."
Tom Danley

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »

Take a look at the EV ZX5 weatherproof version (The PI version) Great speaker with great sound.

Otherwise the R series from community kills and sounds great!

http://electrovoice.com/download_document.php?doc=1427
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

MIKEHARRIS

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

We have also eval'd the one systems speaker & are specifying them for installs in the carribean
Mike Harris
Harris Audio Systems
Miami Fla
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.