ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: lol @ mackie  (Read 15899 times)

Tate_Tullis

Re: lol @ mackie
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 08:26:11 pm »

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney) wrote on Sun, 06 April 2008 16:06

.. and more than likely someone is going to survive a 40lb hit on the head. That really wasn't the point of my post. The fact that one has to go to a third party to pullback this speaker is a little silly. Especially when the company that makes the part is notorious for being out of stock for months at a time on products. Its a design flaw. you can defend it all you like - but I call it like it is.. Design flaw.

Im not defending mackie. I personally hate all of mackies stuff. Their 450's I can deal with but the rest, hate it. Im just saying that just becuase steel comes from china doesnt neccesarly make it bad. Personally, I would probably use something different. But honestly, I dont know much about the subject, so im going to end my little thing here.
Gamma Productions
Live Sound and Lighting
www.gammaprod.com
tate@gammaprod.com
(435) 770-6575

Brad Weber

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 08:36:41 am »

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney) wrote on Sun, 06 April 2008 17:06

.. and more than likely someone is going to survive a 40lb hit on the head.

Are you saying that an accident resulting from the installation practices employed is acceptable as long as the person "more than likely" survives?  Isn't the goal supposed to be to prevent any accident?

There seems to be one thing left unanswered.  You apparently couldn't use the hardware you had and won't use the 'Chinese' product ATM offers, so what did you do?

FWIW, I believe that ATM does analyze and test what they offer, they're not going to accept the risk and liability for hundreds or thousands of installation without due diligence.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 06:51:33 pm »

Brad Weber wrote on Tue, 08 April 2008 13:36

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney) wrote on Sun, 06 April 2008 17:06

.. and more than likely someone is going to survive a 40lb hit on the head.

Are you saying that an accident resulting from the installation practices employed is acceptable as long as the person "more than likely" survives?  Isn't the goal supposed to be to prevent any accident?

There seems to be one thing left unanswered.  You apparently couldn't use the hardware you had and won't use the 'Chinese' product ATM offers, so what did you do?

FWIW, I believe that ATM does analyze and test what they offer, they're not going to accept the risk and liability for hundreds or thousands of installation without due diligence.

The answer is No.

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 07:30:33 pm »

Gentle Men,
 It doesn't matter who made it or where the part is manufactured. What you should always be concerned with is How is it "rated", and to what standard.
 Fastenal or any  Listed Bolt and Nut shop in the Yellow pages, should have the Eyebolts that you'd need. ( NOT HomeDepot or Lowe's, etc...)
 They have charts available that discuss Bolt, Nut, Threaded Rod, etc.... RATINGS.  Ask them for a chart, usually they're free. ASTM ratings on Nuts, Bolts, Eyebolts, will be listed in the chart AND on the PART.
 If there is no Rating, (example: Hex pattern or dash marks on bolt head) THEN Don't use the part!
 Ask for a Chart on wire rope and for it's fittings,they're free also.
Span-sets or Slings have the rating on it's label, if No label toss them in the trash!
 Be safe! It'll save you from the poorhouse or prison
Cheers
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Duane Massey

• http://www.ozknozz.com
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 09:16:37 pm »

Add WW Grainger to the list for hardware.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas, USA

Mark Lahn

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 09:36:07 pm »

I think the OP believes that a U.S. company could be held much more liable than most of these Chinese companies ever could be. Although I have a hard time believing that they would distribute a product carrying a load over anyones head, that would have any chance of failing. A process involving many aspects that is performed hundreds of times everyday, every year, for many years, you're eventually going to have little mishaps like led paint. But I think the Canadian manufacturers have had just as many problems as China these days.
Yours Audibly,
-Mark Lahn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.