ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reply vs Quote  (Read 2720 times)

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
Reply vs Quote
« on: February 26, 2011, 07:13:58 am »

Apparently you want us to quote who we are replying to and have removed the "reply" button.

Not having a reply button is seriously confusing to new users.

I think the best thing to do if you want quote to be the only option is to rename the "quote" button, and call it "reply" 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Reply vs Quote
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:06 am »

Apparently you want us to quote who we are replying to and have removed the "reply" button.

Not having a reply button is seriously confusing to new users.

I think the best thing to do if you want quote to be the only option is to rename the "quote" button, and call it "reply"

Steve, you are obviously using the "Curve" theme. The change will eventually make it to that theme, but currently the layout changes are being made in the core theme first. In the core theme there are currently a reply and a quote button that do the same thing. Eventually the quote button will quote all the content from the message being responded to, and the reply button will only quote the new content. At least that is the plan. Having to quote seemed like the only way to make this flat view only software retain some of the information that is available in threaded view.

Mac

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 11:47:43 pm »

Steve, you are obviously using the "Curve" theme. The change will eventually make it to that theme, but currently the layout changes are being made in the core theme first. In the core theme there are currently a reply and a quote button that do the same thing. Eventually the quote button will quote all the content from the message being responded to, and the reply button will only quote the new content. At least that is the plan. Having to quote seemed like the only way to make this flat view only software retain some of the information that is available in threaded view.

Mac

You are correct, I am using the "Curve" theme. 
I didn't even think to switch back and try the "core" theme to see if this was an issue there as well.
I do like the look of the "curve" theme (other than the large blank area you have to scroll down past)
I'll switch back for a while while PSW dials in the forum features.
Thanks for the reply and explanation.

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:10:19 am »

You are correct, I am using the "Curve" theme. 
I didn't even think to switch back and try the "core" theme to see if this was an issue there as well.
I do like the look of the "curve" theme (other than the large blank area you have to scroll down past)
I'll switch back for a while while PSW dials in the forum features.
Thanks for the reply and explanation.

I also use Curve. I think the core theme is hideous. I like the long scroll, it means that for the time being all the ads are at the top and you just scroll by them and have full screen for content when you get down there. This situation will not last, Curve is just farther down the list than getting the new changes into core.

Mac

Darrel Harris

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:21:09 pm »

Mac,

I've tried both themes now...Where is the reply button in the new Marketplace? Obvoiusly I'm not the only one wondering...there are several pages of for sale postings with zero replies.

Thanks,
DH

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 07:49:56 pm »

Where is the reply button in the new Marketplace?

There isn't a reply button in the marketplace (by design)

Apparently, to stop bumping.

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »

Mac,

I've tried both themes now...Where is the reply button in the new Marketplace? Obvoiusly I'm not the only one wondering...there are several pages of for sale postings with zero replies.

Thanks,
DH

In both the forum description, and in the Marketplace rules it is explained that there is no replying in the Marketplace. All communication will be done via PM or email. This will stop the arbitrary bumping, like was practiced by some members who would change the price every day so their listing stayed on top.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.