ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VGA with 1/8 Audio  (Read 3892 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
VGA with 1/8 Audio
« on: March 10, 2008, 04:35:10 PM »

Anyone have a source for a VGA Cable with a 1/8 headphone connector molded to it like the extron ones? Trying to find a cheaper alternative...

Need one 25 feet long.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Don Boone

Re: VGA with 1/8 Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:18:43 PM »

Jez, how much cheaper do you want to get? Cheap VGA cables over 6-10 ft long can really trash the signal. Most really cheap cables don't even use coax.

Don

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »

Don Boone wrote on Mon, 10 March 2008 16:18

Jez, how much cheaper do you want to get? Cheap VGA cables over 6-10 ft long can really trash the signal. Most really cheap cables don't even use coax.

Don

A 12 foot VGA with audio MSRP for 100 bucks? Yes I would like to get much cheaper than Extron. Hosa has one that has RCA ends on one side that would work perfect if it was 1/8 on both, for Half the price.... Was hoping someone had had luck with some other company.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Brad Weber

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 05:43:31 PM »

Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Collin Donohue

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »

Adam Whetham wrote on Mon, 10 March 2008 16:39

A 12 foot VGA with audio MSRP for 100 bucks? Yes I would like to get much cheaper than Extron. Hosa has one that has RCA ends on one side that would work perfect if it was 1/8 on both, for Half the price.... Was hoping someone had had luck with some other company.

$100?!?!?  Where are you getting those prices?  MSRP on a 12' VGA with audio is $58...  ACTUAL pricing from a responsible vendor would be somewhere in the $40 ballpark, maybe less, depending on the markup.  MSRP on a 25' is $80.

Me thinks someone's ripping you off!

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »

Brad Weber wrote on Mon, 10 March 2008 16:43

Something like this,  http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=3430&sku= 43098?

Yep something like that, was looking at a website that had a similar offering... I'm going to give one a try and see how it works.

and Collin, i was going off my dealer website info (Which sometimes isn't that accurate)

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »

Kramer offers some good cables at reasonable pricing.

Actually their whole line is reasonably priced and of good quality.

http://www.kramerelectronics.com/products/?group=cables& subgroup=2&simpleformat=6

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Clayton Luckie

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 05:18:56 PM »

Adam Whetham wrote on Mon, 10 March 2008 16:39

Don Boone wrote on Mon, 10 March 2008 16:18

Don

How many do you need?  You could take off the RCA ends and put your own 1/8" TRS on, as long as its not too much labor for you.  Obviously if you need 50 cables, this would not be a good use of your time.

cl

Bill Wood

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 09:55:07 PM »

Bill Wood
Southern Ohio Sound
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Billwood@southernohiosound.com

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 01:23:05 AM »

We're getting all of ours at work from Markertek, apparently cheaper than Extron, but I don't know the exact cost.

http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp?baseItem=HD15MF%2FSA%2D 6&cat=CABLESCONN&subcat=VIDEOCAB&prodClass=VGACA B&mfg=&search=0&off=
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.