ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colorado Lighting Question!?  (Read 1431 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Colorado Lighting Question!?
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:50:01 AM »

Little off topic here, but let me throw this question out there.

Has anyone ever seen these things before?

http://www.csnl.com/store/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d 2.html&lmd=38942.849062

the top item, ACL 24 made by colorado lighting.

I had a customer come into my shop a while back and want me to make a break out cable so they could plug these directly into the wall from the pack... I said I would take a look and see what I could do, (They normally go right into the chase controller) and get back to her.

I took one look at it before she even left the shop I told her no... They use a Neutrik NL8 to carry 120v power up to these guy's with no ground! then to top it off, each of those lamps are only 28 volts, so they have a resistor? in line to take the other 30....

Is that anywhere close to being legal? I didn't think that an NL8 was rated to carry power, much less without a ground (yea yea its a wooden box, but you never know....
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Gabriel Duschinsky

Re: Colorado Lighting Question!?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »

I recall there was similar topic couple years ago when some guy showed us his 4-lamp bars that were powered off an NL8...If you search hard you might be able to find it.

Anyways, what I recall is that this method was illegal and should never be used. (Makes sense, though)

What I would do at least is just chop the connector off the fixture and replace it with a couple of powercons.

Be safe and don't plug your dimmer in your speaker stacks  Laughing

Gabriel.
Gabriel Duschinsky
FX Productions, Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.