ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW SB-850 vs...  (Read 25816 times)

Silas Pradetto

Re: EAW SB-850 vs...
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »

Grayson Rech wrote on Thu, 27 March 2008 15:51

I think the SB528 is the worst sub I've ever heard

This is TOTALLY true. RPI in NY has four and they are positively the worst subs ever. Their SB250's sound better.

Josh Billings

• http://www.mindboxmedia.com/soundsystem
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 01:34:06 AM »

I got a chance to hear the peavey qws and if i had my system to do over again i wouldn't hesitate to just buy 6 of those things. Sound really good and a stack of 3 per side is just the ticket. Fairly efficient for a dual 18 and Not too heavy either.

-Josh Billings

Gary Perrett

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 10:54:56 PM »

You can add a few more kudo's for the QW subs here...Myself, Mike Kovach and my son all think the QW's sound good, especially for the price. As do the JBL SRX 700 series subs(when powered properly). I have also built the Fane 15"(available on the Fane international website) subs and they also rock like crazy, and are very small and light. could also easily be turned int 2X15" or 2X18" cabs... I like and use Yorkville speakers, but only have tops, and never heard the subs, but have heard great things about them. Bang for the buck here comes from getting wood dust in your hair, eyes and teeth...Small and portable, use lots of power if you want to "rattle" things. A Crown XTI 4000 with 4 per side of the Fane 15" or 18" subs are pretty impressive(yes thats 2 ohm stereo) ... but thats a goal. An XTI 4000 and 2 of the Fane DIY subs are a REALLY good start, but thats DIY and that should be do-able for for about $1500. (if you can do the work.. and they are not hard to build, you could do it with a skill saw and some basic carpentry tools...if you had to)
Gary Perrett
TZ productions    
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »

Gary Perrett wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 22:54

You can add a few more kudo's for the QW subs here...Myself, Mike Kovach and my son all think the QW's sound good, especially for the price. As do the JBL SRX 700 series subs(when powered properly).

[SNIP]

I like and use Yorkville speakers, but only have tops, and never heard the subs, but have heard great things about them.

The QW's are good speakers, but the Yorkville LS1208 is where it's at for "budget" subs. A pair of LS1208's have about another 6dB on a pair of the QW218's(both properly powered), and the LS1208's go WAY lower. They continue to impress me every time I use them.

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Adam Kane

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »

brandon g. romanowski wrote on Thu, 27 March 2008 21:43

I use Yorkville TX9s almost exclusively.

As do we.  Our rig consists of a pile of TX8's and TX4's.  We listened to plenty of other 2x18 cabs, but eventually settled on the TX9 just to keep things uniform.  We have not been disappointed.  We currently use a bridged 2450 per cab and I'm sure they could take much more than that.  Construction is rock solid and drivers have been problem free despite all the punk/hip-hop type shows we've been doing the last couple years.  Can't say as we've ever had anyone (national or otherwise) unhappy with them.   We had some spare time after setup for an outdoor festival a couple years ago.  We learned that a center cluster of six would blur your vision at 35hz from 30ft away.  Amps were nowhere near clip.  Remarkably efficient.  Very Happy

Slightly heavy, but the abundance of handles and wheels makes them not too bad moving around.

Brandon G Romanowski

• http://indigoproductions.net/indigo_concert_audio_dept.htm
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »

We use TX9s, for our larger concerts in groups of 6, So 6, 12, 18, 24 ......It is an awesome experience. We power them with Yorkville's AP6040s.

One thing about distortion in subs.......a lot people prefer it. Its what makes front loaded double 18"s sound so "in your face" .
Brandon G. Romanowski
Indigo Concert Audio Dept.
http://indigoproductions.net/indigo_concert_audio_dept.htm

Pascal Pincosy

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »

brandon g. romanowski wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 15:33

One thing about distortion in subs.......a lot people prefer it.

You can add it in, but you can't take it out...

index.php/fa/15889/0/
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 06:25:27 AM »

if size isnt a issue I just recently used a single pair of 528z's in an install.. altho its a much larger box I was impressed with the performance of these subs!

*edit* a side note: I used to not be impressed at EAW bass at all.. the sb1000/the 850 sub/ etc.. EAW has come a long way in improving driver technology and these subs are starting to grow on me. (Altho I'd probably still buy Danley's box - or some Martins - "if it was for me")

Kevin Ballard

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »

Pascal Pincosy wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 23:43

brandon g. romanowski wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 15:33

One thing about distortion in subs.......a lot people prefer it.

You can add it in, but you can't take it out...

index.php/fa/15889/0/

You can't use that, it's a behringer. All you'll get is distor... Oh hang on though.
Laughing

Kevin Ballard

Yes the Toilets are over there!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.