ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose bass sound or not  (Read 2456 times)

Souny Chantavisack

Bose bass sound or not
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:05:44 AM »

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but please correct me if I'm in the wrong section...........

There is this importer that had a partner conflict, and is selling these new bass boxes cheaper then it's market price. It's the Bose Panaray LT-MB24dual 12" Modular Bass.  

Did anyone experienced this dual 12" Bass box before? please give me some advice...

They have 10 enclosures of Bose dual 12" boxes in storage, I must take them all to get a good price! Is this worth getting?

In my club there will only be a very very small mini concert once a month, mostly DJ 's playing in my club.

It's about 2250 sq-ft. (if I calculated correctly, here we use only METERS),

I already have a pair of Bose 802 III loudspeakers from my home theater which I would like to use, and it will match the bass box(should look & sound good)and I also have the latest Bose digital eq card, And two Butler TDB2250 1x800w amps each for 802 III's.

Is this "802 III + Butler amps + LT-MB24 dual 12inch + (amps for subs, don't have yet)set up" possible to use in clubs, Will this work in nightclubs, dose it sound good enough to be put in a nightclub, how dose it sound???

Is it worth getting these subs and amps to use with what I already have?

What do you guys consider when buying sound systems?????

Bose guy's told me that 10 Bose dual 12" enclosures will be enough and will sound better than 15"/18" because it will have tighter clearer lows, but I must use about 10 boxes to get more cone area which the bigger subs have advantage.

Just want to know from you guys if they're right about this or if they just want to sell there things!!!!

please give me so input!!!!! THANKS
Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Order someone to do something only when you can do it your self

Duncan McLennan

Re: Bose bass sound or not
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »

The vast majority of the people on this forum don't like Bose.  It's cheap stuff that musical instrument stores sell, and it not of the quality or durability necessary for pro sound.

And NO, stuff that's taken out of a home stereo is in no way suitable for live sound use.
dcm
Waterloo & London, Ontario

A Thomas Lamb

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:03:29 PM »

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is! For one no one buys bose for their stellar bass reproduction. 2. This kinda sounds like a fell off the back of a truck sale. or a Best buy parking lot "Hey We have some extra speakers from a job and our boss doesn't want us to come back with them he said sell them". Stay away!!!!
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production

Duane Massey

• http://www.ozknozz.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »

Back away from the Bose, and no one gets hurt.....
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.