ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D&R Axion console, any experience with it?  (Read 1653 times)

Joel Fruth

• http://thedoordallas.com
D&R Axion console, any experience with it?
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:40:26 pm »

Has anyone used a D&R Axion console? I'm looking at buying a used one in good shape.  It's a 1991 40 channel with 4 stereo, 12 aux, 8 vca. Wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of (ie: ribbon cables, dirty switches, etc) anything that you've seen as problematic with this console.  It hasn't toured, just sat in a conference center in Las Vegas, now in a church as a monitor console. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Karl P(eterson)

Re: D&R Axion console, any experience with it?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:50:08 am »

How has its service been? What is the shape of the console?

Considering what you can buy new in that footprint in analog and digital as well as taking into account the age of the console and anticipated service needs I would have a hard time parting with more than 45 hundred bucks or so.

That might just be me though.

Remember, that console is now working its way to 20 years old. 1991 was a long time ago in console world.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Peter Verkerk

Re: D&R Axion console, any experience with it?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 05:45:59 pm »

Joel Fruth wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 04:40

Has anyone used a D&R Axion console? I'm looking at buying a used one in good shape.  It's a 1991 40 channel with 4 stereo, 12 aux, 8 vca. Wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of (ie: ribbon cables, dirty switches, etc) anything that you've seen as problematic with this console.  It hasn't toured, just sat in a conference center in Las Vegas, now in a church as a monitor console. Thanks in advance for any advice.

The Axion is modulair console, build like a tank and when in good shape, working good and stay working for you.
D&R is a dutch firm, and still active: http://www.d-r.nl, but i don't now how you will get the spare-parts there if needed ?
Make sure everything is working nice, dust is the biggest enemy in the years.
D&R is active in the broadcast & studio world, the have made a litte sidestep to the liveconsoles, but not very successfully.
Over-here this kind of console will cost about 3500,- - 4500,- euro's
in good condition.

greetings & keep us updated.
Peter

Give me more live music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.