ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Heil PR-35  (Read 36398 times)

Phil LaDue

Re: Heil PR-35
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 01:14:58 PM »

The Pr-20 does fit in the standard Shure mount, since the PR-35 is larger it should fit, just a little farther towards the plug end.

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »

John Horvath wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 10:25

[The Audix clips and just about everything else come out of the box and fly straight into the trash can, and I get the feeling the Heil clip will be taking the same journey.

Fuck, send the garbage to me.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

gary green

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »

The PR35 - you can BARELY get a shure clip on w/o breaking it. The way the 35 is tapered makes the Shure way too tight and way too far down at the end for my comfort level and the Heil clip is too loose....I'll take JH's audix clips too..

John Chiara

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 10:02:43 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 14:04

John Horvath wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 10:25

[The Audix clips and just about everything else come out of the box and fly straight into the trash can, and I get the feeling the Heil clip will be taking the same journey.

Fuck, send the garbage to me.

-a

Ditto..can't put Audix D series, EV 408/409's and small condensors in those clips.

"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Bob Leonard

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 06:39:22 PM »

Doug Fowler wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 10:23

Quote:

The biggest complaint I have about the mic is the clip ... just doesn't feel like it is secure enough ...is it just mine or has anyone else noticed this?

We had to use a piece of gaff tape across the PR22 clip.  It had a down angle and wanted to slip.

Can't say about the 35 clip, it has a tightening lever and it seemed OK to me.

You didn't say if you were using the clip sent with the mike, but I'll assume you were because I had the same problem. The Material they make the clip from is nice. not as hard as the Shure clips, but slippery to me. The 30 and 40 clamps work very well and the hold regardless of position. The 35? Well it's a bigger barrel on the mike and the Shure clips are to small. I don't see any clips listed on Bob's site. I'll drop him a note and ask why, then suggest he give a huge discount to PSW members that buy them. Very Happy  
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

gary green

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:23:59 PM »

Bob,
Both my PR35s came in his mini lunchbox cases w/ clip. It sort of looks like a Shure RF Mic clip, w/ the little grippers on the bottom of the inside, not quite as big... but this just doesn't quite fit the shaft correctly. I was going to email him too, but I'm slammed lately and when I have down time, I get laaaaazy.

Tim Padrick

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:01:04 PM »

I find that the Audix clips transfer less stand noise into the mic than do the Shure clips.  As such, I use a Shure clip on lead vox only if I get a complaint about the tightness of the Audix.  (I use Groove Tubes SM3 shock mounts on everything that won't be handheld.)  

Wayne_Smith

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »

Hi all. I've been lurking about since I first learned about the Heil line thanks to lady friend who came to me kooking for a 'more natural sounding live vocal, and who didn't care for 'proximity effect. (she was on beta87 IIRC) She tried the RE20 here at my home studio, and subsequently I picked up a PR20.

Now that I've logged a few times with it on live vocal I'm liking it more and more. It feels and works way different than the typical ball' mic sound (OM5 is what we use otherwise).  But after getting used to how it does work -it's sweet. The effect of relative natural tone with less variation via distance is a trait I learned of the RE20 that transfers also to the PR20 and makes it favorable for work on acoustic instruments too.
I should note I've been using it live acoustic and/or electrified acoustic work. None in a 'rock/loud setting yet.

At this point I've been waiting for the '22 to come down the pipe before getting a few more. In the mean time, can anyone comment on notable tone differences between the '35 and 20?
Thanks in advance.
Wayne Smith

Bob Leonard

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 11:50:32 AM »

Wayne_Smith wrote on Sun, 23 March 2008 22:23

Hi all. I've been lurking about since I first learned about the Heil line thanks to lady friend who came to me kooking for a 'more natural sounding live vocal, and who didn't care for 'proximity effect. (she was on beta87 IIRC) She tried the RE20 here at my home studio, and subsequently I picked up a PR20.

Now that I've logged a few times with it on live vocal I'm liking it more and more. It feels and works way different than the typical ball' mic sound (OM5 is what we use otherwise).  But after getting used to how it does work -it's sweet. The effect of relative natural tone with less variation via distance is a trait I learned of the RE20 that transfers also to the PR20 and makes it favorable for work on acoustic instruments too.
I should note I've been using it live acoustic and/or electrified acoustic work. None in a 'rock/loud setting yet.

At this point I've been waiting for the '22 to come down the pipe before getting a few more. In the mean time, can anyone comment on notable tone differences between the '35 and 20?
Thanks in advance.
Wayne Smith

Wayne,
It's hard to describe the PR-35 other than to say that if you like the 20/22 then you'll love the 35. You'll notice much more detail and ambience in the 35, like a very good condenser.

The PR-22 went into full production last week, the handling noise is cured, and you should be seeing them soon.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Phil LaDue

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 12:28:20 PM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Mon, 24 March 2008 11:50

The PR-22 went into full production last week, the handling noise is cured, and you should be seeing them soon.
Some of us already have them. Very Happy

I must say that the element appears much more "substantial" than the original PR-20.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.