ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DMX Cables  (Read 5020 times)

Darrel Hayes

DMX Cables
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:53:35 PM »

I am searching for 5' DMX cables with both male and female right angle connectors.  I know that they exist but my internet search has been fruitless.  Does anyone have a source for these cables and?

Darrel W. Hayes
DHA Sound & Lighting

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: DMX Cables
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 12:39:16 AM »

I am searching for 5' DMX cables with both male and female right angle connectors.  I know that they exist but my internet search has been fruitless.  Does anyone have a source for these cables and?
We build our own.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Fariss

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 11:57:11 PM »

TMB - Everything is built to order, quick turn around

LA-   818-899-8818
NY-   201-896-8600
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:07:44 AM by Mike Fariss »

Robin Parker

• Never teach a pig to sing.....
    • Suffolk Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »

May I be so bold to suggest that you invest a few days and about $25 to buy a basic 25 watt soldering iron - and learn how... This simple, and most elementary of all electronic "servicing" will literally save you a fortune in being able to make and repair your own cables. Take your time to learn, it won't happen overnight, but it's an investment that will serve you a lifetime - not to mention saving your posterior...... 

Richard Turner

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 01:27:47 AM »

I'd take it one step furthur, get a real soldering station

Weller WTCPT new about $125 no fancy dials or anything the temp is controlled by what tip you are using,

I've got one from the late 50's made with bakelite and works like the day it was new.

soldering like welding is alot easier to learn with good tooling, I learned to weld on a miller 400 amp welder at a vocational school, a few weeks on those machines and anyone can weld anything

with a proper iron you can solder anything and know its good.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Darrel Hayes

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »

May I be so bold to suggest that you invest a few days and about $25 to buy a basic 25 watt soldering iron - and learn how...

That is a good suggestion.  I actually bought my first soldering equipment for less than $25 prior to 1975 and have upgraded several times since.  I typically build 75% of all cables, assemblies, and patch panels.  In this instance, I needed a larger quantity of a specific style and time was a consideration.  Thanks for the help. ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:07:40 PM by Darrel Hayes »
Darrel W. Hayes
DHA Sound & Lighting

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 07:27:52 PM »

I think it's "Never TRY to teach a pig to sing" 8)

Regards,  John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 07:27:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.