ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Rider Rants  (Read 45623 times)

Mike Colbran

Rider Rants
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »

I just thought I would get this off my chest. I hate getting riders from people that ask for 'A' class gear (H3K, Meyer etc...) and con not spell or ask for stuff that does not exist. Here are some of the popular ones:

mike = mic
base = bass
42 channel mixer with 7 auxes

WTF???

Tate_Tullis

Re: Rider Rants
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 11:54:19 PM »

True story. Hate that
Gamma Productions
Live Sound and Lighting
www.gammaprod.com
tate@gammaprod.com
(435) 770-6575

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:15:00 AM »

I hear you...  I haven't seen any personally, but I'm sure my boss has a number go through his hands each semester.  I can think of a few "bands" around here who wouldn't know a good rider if it hit them in the face.
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

Matthew Knischewsky

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:01:44 AM »

I'd love to see an accurate rider for a change. Probably 3/4 of what I see is wrong. Not a little wrong, like "we added a guitar" more like "we have changed completely."

steven barnes

• http://sbtechnicalservices.com
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:42:24 AM »

Matthew Knischewsky wrote on Sun, 24 February 2008 23:01

I'd love to see an accurate rider for a change. Probably 3/4 of what I see is wrong. Not a little wrong, like "we added a guitar" more like "we have changed completely."

I completely agree I cannot tell you how many times I have advanced a show with band engineers, only to find out they get fired or there is a new staff working my show that needs a completely different list of gear. Or the rider they sent me 2 weeks before the show is now out of date, and there was no bother for a call or an email of the new list, and the show will not happen without this new list of gear.
Steven Barnes
SB Technical Services
Ventura, CA
Blog: http://sbtechnicalservices.com/Site/Blog/Blog.html

Dan Bouchard

• http://Audioeast.com
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »

the ol "you got the wrong rider" is the most common thing in this industry, and after TM'ing and being a BE i see why, the management sends the rider, usually its the rider from the 1st tour the band ever did and no matter how many updates they get, they always use the one they originally had on file.  so TM's should just know better and advance with the production person (not buyer) and make sure the new tech and hospitality rider is attached. that clears it up.

I do agree what is asked for on riders is often absolutely retarded (like asking for XL4 when playing 500 seat rooms) get a grip - playing the 500 seat circut - your lucky to get a Gl2200 with all the faders working Smile

Dan
Audioeast.com
dan@audioeast.com
Authorized Dealers: Allen & Heath, Audix, Audio Technica, Ashly, Crest, Crown, DBX, Drawmer, Soundcraft, JBL, Midas, EV, Klark Teknik, TC Electronic, Lexicon, CBI, Yorkville, Road Ready cases, Shure

Karl Bader

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 08:10:28 AM »

One of my favorites is asking for a 40 channel desk, 12 compressors, and you look at the input list and it's 8 inputs... and you wonder why I'm bald Smile

Karl

Adam Kane

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:47:41 AM »

We got one a while ago that said,

"FOH speaker system MUST be 40,000 watts regardless of venue size."

????

trace knight

• http://www.lalighting-sound.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 09:18:49 AM »

Sounds like a hip hop rider to me, try this out for size  
16" subs with power cables.................
I laugh all the time, not to mention when they ask for 120kw for a club date with 6 followspots!Forget spelling, that's a given. I too really enjoy the h3k rider for 6 inputs, "but bro, we need the quality!"

tk

Jason Dermer

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »

Mike Colbran wrote on Sun, 24 February 2008 23:46

con not spell

Sorry, I could not resist. Smile

I would rather have a few misspellings than an out of date rider, or no rider at all. In this electronic age, the fact that I still get riders from agents and TMs that are 2 years old and almost completely irrelevant is what aggravates me.
Jason Dermer
jason@asburyaudio.com
cell: 732-616-3463
office: 732-938-3100

"Rock & Roll and cars are just slightly different versions of the same mental disorder."- Peter Egan

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.