ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What the %#$&?  (Read 7779 times)

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

Re: What the %#$&?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 01:40:45 PM »

hey speaking of drillbits..
what do you guys do.. buy 5 of each drillbit.. or did you buy some uber expensive kit?

ESPECIALLY when I'm going into steel/aluminum. Even when drilling with lube - I can usually only get a dozen holes out of a bit in steel.

I stopped buying expensive bits and buy the cheapo bosch ones now - just get twice as many. Perhaps a sharpener is what I need?

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 01:56:32 PM »

I got a drill doctor and it is OK for wood, but for steel, I have yet to get anywhere near the quality of a new bit.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Tim Padrick

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney) wrote on Sat, 08 March 2008 12:40

hey speaking of drillbits..
what do you guys do.. buy 5 of each drillbit.. or did you buy some uber expensive kit?

ESPECIALLY when I'm going into steel/aluminum. Even when drilling with lube - I can usually only get a dozen holes out of a bit in steel.

I stopped buying expensive bits and buy the cheapo bosch ones now - just get twice as many. Perhaps a sharpener is what I need?

Excessive drill speed (as seen most every time a guy on American Chopper drills a hole) will wear a bit out very quickly (as well as being less effective, as instead of cutting as designed, the bit just sort of wears its way through).  Depending upon the metal, any more than about 500 RPM is too fast.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.