ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 50th running of the Daytona 500  (Read 2257 times)

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Re: 50th running of the Daytona 500
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 02:08:05 PM »

NASCAR racing is even more boring than watching golf.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Donnie Evans

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »

Jon Martin wrote on Tue, 19 February 2008 12:37

Donnie Evans wrote on Tue, 19 February 2008 10:38

I've taken a passion to riding and racing dirtbikes and watching supercross/motocross.  Talk about some balls to the wall flat out racing!  As a matter of fact I'm going to the GA dome on saturday for the Atlanta SX.  Cant wait.

+1 on Moto-X / Supercross / FMX. (see Roger Clemens thread)

It's a shame that James Stewart (FL boy!) is out for the season but it has made for some good racing between Reed / Windham / Milsaps / Alessi.
Heck, even Tim "old man" Ferry is in the points chase!  Very Happy

I'm pissed that there won't be a Orlando SX this year but I'll be @ Daytona SX for sure.

For the uninitiated, below is a picture of James 'Bubba' Stewart doing the "Bubba Scrub". By throwing the bike sideways like this over the jumps he scrubs off speed, lowers his trajectory and gets around the track faster. It really is a thing of beauty!  Twisted Evil

[imgage removed]

Jon have you ever been to Gatorback?  James used to ride minis all around our area and we would go down in that area riding back not very long ago.  I can remember when James was on an 80 clearing the "elevator."  What he can do on a bike is truly amazing.  
Bubba at 13.
Shump In Da Tub!  www.ogeecheeriverband.com

Mike Christy

• http://www.piscessound.com
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »

You wanna see some racin' - watch the trucks, live - squirrelly as hell, as fast as the cars, and 10x more exciting.

The new cars at NHIS are boring, F that, I gave up my Sept. seats, but seeing them at Daytona at least once, everyone should experience that, the noise, smell, energy, history, its Americana, and nothing else like getting sand blasted at 200mph every 60 seconds...
Pisces Sound
Seacoast New Hampshire
Southern Maine

Mike Butler (media)

• http://www.mikebutlermedia.com
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:24 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Tue, 19 February 2008 14:08

NASCAR racing is even more boring than watching golf.
-a

Nah, NOTHING is more boring than watching golf.  Razz
<a href="http://www.mikebutlermedia.com" target="_blank">http://www.mikebutlermedia.com</a>

Mike Butler Media * AV/video production * corporate event production * presentation services * marketing support * creative research * graphic design * photography

Emil "Gus" Gawaziuk

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 11:01:11 PM »

Curling.......

'nuff said
Wherever I go, that is where I end up.

Donnie Evans

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 08:42:25 AM »

Mike Christy wrote on Tue, 19 February 2008 20:27

You wanna see some racin' - watch the trucks, live - squirrelly as hell, as fast as the cars, and 10x more exciting.

The new cars at NHIS are boring, F that, I gave up my Sept. seats, but seeing them at Daytona at least once, everyone should experience that, the noise, smell, energy, history, its Americana, and nothing else like getting sand blasted at 200mph every 60 seconds...

I got to drive one of the trucks at AMS, now that was fun.  SpeedTech driving school...it's way better than the pansy Richard Petty experience where you have an instructor in front and behind you.  They put 6 of us on the track at once, passing allowed.  No instructors, no one in the car/truck with you.  Normally they do a preliminary "instructional" ride around, with you driving and the instructor in the car for a few laps before they let you go, but it had rained that morning and we were late getting started, so they just let us go.  

And almost as fun as driving the truck, they let us on the track in our personal vehicles to help dry the track off that morning.  The guy says... you can go out there, but your insurance won't be any good if you wreck your car.  One moron goes "why not?"  Guy says, "you tell your agent you were driving 100mph around AMS and wrecked your car and see what he says."

...Ahhh...good times.
Shump In Da Tub!  www.ogeecheeriverband.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.