ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1202FX troubles  (Read 2413 times)

sam baker

Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1202FX troubles
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:23:14 pm »

Hi, I mix live dub fx for a reggae band mainly using a Line 6 Echo Pro. I am usually the one running sound for the band at smaller venues, but when we get into larger places where the venues have their own systems and sound guys more often than not there are conflicts with me patching in and triggering fx using their aux sends, which I totally understand and have been searching for a solution for a while. So i think i have it, i had the idea to get my own personal compact mixer[the 1202] and patch into the xlr's for  the vocal mics and snare using xlr splitters, which are what i mainly trigger for fx. so  i want to trigger the fx with my mixer and send the outputs to the main mixer. This brings me to my question. is it ok the run out of a mixer into another mixer? I noticed one strange problem when i tried to run out of the 1202 into a protools digi002, when i made the connection the main output meters on the 1202 stopped working, the sound continued, but the meters just stopped? Hopefully someone can straighten me out so i can resolve this problem. thanks Sam

Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1202FX
Line 6 Echo Pro
Digi 002

Weogo Reed

Re: Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1202FX troubles
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:48:25 am »

Hi Sam,

"is it ok the run out of a mixer into another mixer?"

It is fine to do this.

You want to make sure that your sub-mixer is not getting phantom power to its inputs from the main mixer's inputs.  
While some mixers can block the phantom power, best is to not let it get there in the first place.
Simplest way to do this is have cables from your mixer with TRS connectors on the main mixer end ~ the line inputs won't have phantom power on them.

A few mixers only have XLR inputs.
In this case you want to make sure the phantom for the channels you are using is turned off.  If it global phantom, you can block it by not connecting pin one on the XLRs.

I can't answer the digi002 question.

Good health,  Weogo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.