ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone here ever connect a polycom or clearone telcom interface to a matrix dsp?  (Read 2674 times)

Adam Freemer

To be a little more specific, instead of using the complete XAP line, or Vortex, use a TH2 or dialer from Polycom connected to something like a Rane RPM88, Yamaha DME, etc...

Just was exploring some ideas where a more traditional DSP mixing environment would be best, but still need teleconferencing.

I've been a big fan of the RPM Rane stuff lately for just plain old ease-of-use when a tech needs to jump in, sound quality and stability.

Call me crazy, just looking for some feedback (of the non-acoustical type lol)

Brad Weber

One difference is probably echo cancellation, some other DSP units such as the Biamp Audia and Nexia or the MediaMatrix Nions offer distributed echo cancellation like the Vortex/SoundStructure or XAP/Converge, but many do not.  Noise cancellation may be another function that many matrix DSP units do not offer.

Quote:

Just was exploring some ideas where a more traditional DSP mixing environment would be best, but still need teleconferencing.
I'm not sure what you mean here by a "more traditional DSP mixing environment" as the ClearOne and Polycom/ASPI units seem to address most traditional DSP/mixing needs for conference and boardroom type applications.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Adam Freemer

Well I know the echo canceller is the biggest piece of the puzzle missing. But my thought was most of the dialers have that built-in to take care of that..

Brad Weber

They do, but they are operating on the entire mix while distributed echo cancelling is operating on each input, a much more effective approach.  It also means the echo cancellation is occurring outside the DSP box, so record mixes and other outputs will not be echo cancelled.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.