ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Effective LED system for band.  (Read 24578 times)

Matt Vivlamore

• http://www.meerkatsound.com
Re: Effective LED system for band.
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2008, 04:46:46 PM »

David, thanks for the pictures... ever since MD went smoke free in the bars my lighting show has never been the same... but at least I don't smell like an ashtray at night, so I am not going to complain.
Find us on the web at: meerkatsound.com

I'm using: EV QRx212 over JBL SRX718s(2) with Crown IT's and MRX512m & MRX525 on monitors with XTi's; all controlled by Yamaha LS9-32.  I have a bunch of other stuff too.

David Gregory

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2008, 04:59:39 PM »

Matt Vivlamore wrote on Wed, 13 August 2008 15:46

David, thanks for the pictures... ever since MD went smoke free in the bars my lighting show has never been the same... but at least I don't smell like an ashtray at night, so I am not going to complain.

In these smoke free bars, are you allowed to use haze?

If a place told me I couldn't run the haze I would not play there again. In my opinion it's not worth setting up all this stuff and since I don't do this for a living, I would just move on. The hazer makes that much of a difference with my lighting rig. Night and day actually.

Matt Vivlamore

• http://www.meerkatsound.com
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 09:33:29 AM »

David Gregory wrote on Wed, 13 August 2008 16:59

Matt Vivlamore wrote on Wed, 13 August 2008 15:46

In these smoke free bars, are you allowed to use haze?

If a place told me I couldn't run the haze I would not play there again. In my opinion it's not worth setting up all this stuff and since I don't do this for a living, I would just move on. The hazer makes that much of a difference with my lighting rig. Night and day actually.

I've only came across one place that won't allow you to run Fog/Haze...
One of the band I was working with had brought in a fog machine, the trigger button got stuck and it set the smoke alarm off which then called the fire department.  So they don't allow bands to use any kind of smoke making machines.
Find us on the web at: meerkatsound.com

I'm using: EV QRx212 over JBL SRX718s(2) with Crown IT's and MRX512m & MRX525 on monitors with XTi's; all controlled by Yamaha LS9-32.  I have a bunch of other stuff too.

Chris Anderson

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 12:58:58 PM »

[/quote]

I've only came across one place that won't allow you to run Fog/Haze...
One of the band I was working with had brought in a fog machine, the trigger button got stuck and it set the smoke alarm off which then called the fire department.  So they don't allow bands to use any kind of smoke making machines.[/quote]

After using fog for the last 10 years this just happened to me for the first time about a month ago.  20 seconds into the first song, they made us evacuate the building. We were on the 3rd floor of a city hall building in a auditorium. Picture the intro to Seperate Ways by Journey with a loud alarm over the top.  Too funny. Then we had to stand outside in 80's stage clothes while they checked the building.   I tested the fog too at soundcheck to position the scanners and nothing happened.  So needless to say we ask now before we turn it on!

Chris Anderson

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 01:11:09 PM »

Pics from a guy on another forum. He uses the ADJ version of this hazer.

http://www.thedestinyband.com/haze.jpg
http://www.thedestinyband.com/haze1.jpg

[/quote]

Hey David, what forum is that from.  I'd like to find out what those back scanners are.  The red and white looks cool.

How are you liking the Novascan's?  I'm looking to add a couple scanners to my set up.

Thanks

Chris

Brian Houchin

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »

Chris Anderson wrote on Wed, 20 August 2008 12:11

Hey David, what forum is that from.  I'd like to find out what those back scanners are.  The red and white looks cool.

Those are Martin SCX's, not sure if they are 500 or 600's though.
Did Beethoven need a PA?

Tim Palmer

• http://www.putfile.com/palmeris
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »

David, did you get the follow spots and the pearls incorporated into your show yet?  Still waiting for a video  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.