ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Attaching dolly boards to subs  (Read 7749 times)

SteveKirby

Re: Attaching dolly boards to subs
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »

I'm obviously missing something.  Wouldn't you want the dolly to be the same size as the sub outline so that there weren't gaps between them rocking back and forth in the truck/trailer?

I haven't reached the point of loading on dollys, I just use piano dollys to get from the van/trailer to the venue.  But I'm about to make some that attach to things and get a ramp so I can leave them on the dolly and roll them in and out of a trailer.  I've always thought that you wanted things packed in tightly so they don't bang together in transport.

Miguel Castro Rios

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »

EDIT: I misunderstood the original question.

Yes E tracks are safe and work well, just try to distribute the weight evenly and not put a lot of stress on one strap or a PART of the strap.

Good luck

Andrew Roberts

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 10:37:02 PM »

Steve, if you make the deck of the dolly the exact same dimension as the perimeter of the cabinet, you are more likely to suffer damage to the box in transit- be it banging it into a wall or boxes rubbing together in the truck. In the design I made, the boxes lay on their backs and are strapped to the dolly board and I've never experienced any tipping or shifting (remember the front edge of the board has a raised bumper).

josh cohen

• http://www.weloveshift.com
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »

this thread owns. a week ago or so made a custom dolly for my 2 single 18" subs (currently on the injured reserve list) out of a sheet of 3/4" baltic birch that i cut in half and doubled up. (ok, probably didnt need 1.5 inches for 142 total lbs)

gonna sand this badboy down, slap some truck bed liner on it, attach the casters, and be a happier person.

Josh Cohen
Sense Sound / Shift Industries
New Orleans, La

Tom Reid

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »

I found some inexpensive moving dollies at Menards.
Drilled 4 corners in them and T-nutted them to my SRX728.

The worked well for about a year, and then the t-nuts pulled out of the cabinet.

I'm going to try the molly approach now ...
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »

Mark Meagher wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 18:37

The Vertec dolly boards are quite good, if you have room to attach the latching post to your box. They are mechanically fastened, easily attached/removed and stackable when not in use.

I wasn't too thrilled with them, frankly...we brought in a Vertec rig for a large gig a few weeks ago.  The little clips that hold the boards in place weren't holding well and a few of the carts started to come off as we were lowering the clusters.

I'll chalk it up to poor maintenance or the speakers and/or carts, though, due to the way load-out went. Rolling Eyes
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.