ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor Mix for Guitarist and Vocals  (Read 2778 times)

dudewthegroove

Monitor Mix for Guitarist and Vocals
« on: January 22, 2005, 06:26:24 PM »

My church is runnning 4 monitor mixes for our service...two for the vocals..one for main guitarist and for second and third guitar and one for our bass player... would it be better to have headphones on any of them insted of floor wedges?

We have 2 XLS402 Crown amps running all 4

All Mono Mix

Mad Mixer

Re: Monitor Mix for Guitarist and Vocals
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 07:38:40 PM »

Hey dude,

so your saying you have 4 seperate monitor mixes or 4 different speakers?  If you truely have 4 mixes you can mix them all differently.  Say stage left gutiarist wants his guitar and vocals louder than everyone else but he still wants to hear the bass in his monitor, or whatever their preference may be.  Now if you only have one monitor mix and 4 speakers your options are limited.  Using small guitar amps helps then say the bass player can hear himself out of his bass amp then his vocals out of the monitors.  But it all depends on what the musicians want to hear.  How many people total are on stage, how loud is it on stage so on so fouth.  

Later Reggie

dudewthegroove

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 10:23:13 PM »

We have 4 differnt Mixes completely
We have 4 Singers right now and 4 guitar players and bass

Alan Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 11:20:25 PM »

dudewthegroove wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 23:26

My church is runnning 4 monitor mixes for our service...two for the vocals..one for main guitarist and for second and third guitar and one for our bass player... would it be better to have headphones on any of them insted of floor wedges?

We have 2 XLS402 Crown amps running all 4

All Mono Mix

...Need more info. What problems are you having or what do you hope going to headphones would accomplish?

Your question, without more info, is like me asking whether to wear jeans or dockers Monday! Wink
Without giving more background info how could anyone but myself answer that?

-AlanH
When I think of a witty saying I will put it here. Please note that my sig space is for rent Smile
http://www.HamiltonSystems.us

Seattle_tech

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 03:57:50 PM »

My quick thoughts are that i like to get vocalists off wedges as much as possible.  The fact that it takes more gain to get a good signal off their mics means you are going to get most of your feedback problems from there.  They also get a really accurate picture of how they are singing and usually that helps their performance.

There are some decent wired IEM systems out there, if you have a budget.

There are some super-sweet wireless IEM systems out there if you don't.

dudewthegroove

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 10:35:56 PM »

im jsut trying to fiigure out if i could for instance put the basson headphones and put guitarists on headphones and let vocalsist have wedge or something im not sure everything with it all compleey yet casue im still wroking out the bugs int he system

Jeremy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 10:35:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.