ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clear com or telex intercom system.  (Read 6268 times)

Ian Appleby

clear com or telex intercom system.
« on: August 21, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »

This might sound funny but I don't own an intercom system considering the gear I have. But now its time to get three of them. So I was thinking a wired system to run through the snake. I own a dynacord cobra rig and plan on getting some tg5 or 7 with netmax cards. The lx2400 just suck juice. So if this is the case. Would the telex system work best with the ev netmax system or interface with it vs a clearcom system? Im pretty much a. Bosch/ev company as far a my gear goes? Any thoughts on wireless systems to?
Ian Appleby
Dynacord Cobra 2 / EV Phoenix, ZX3 / A&H QU32

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: clear com or telex intercom system.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »

This might sound funny but I don't own an intercom system considering the gear I have. But now its time to get three of them. So I was thinking a wired system to run through the snake. I own a dynacord cobra rig and plan on getting some tg5 or 7 with netmax cards. The lx2400 just suck juice. So if this is the case. Would the telex system work best with the ev netmax system or interface with it vs a clearcom system? Im pretty much a. Bosch/ev company as far a my gear goes? Any thoughts on wireless systems to?

You don't say how you intend to use the Netmax system. If you are intending to build a digital snake system, it will be costly to run comm through it. Both ClearCom and RTS/Telex run on an analog audio talk bus that is either unbalanced with ClearCom and RTS, or balanced with Telex Audiocom. In either case it is not a separate send and return that can run through a digital snake. With an analog snake system any of those systems should be fine.

To run comm like ClearCom, RTS or Telex through a digital snake system you need a power supply at each end, and a 2 wire to 4 wire converter at each end. This makes each comm channel into a balanced send and a balanced return, that can be run digitally. This method is also common when you have to run very long comm lines, like thousands of feet, since it makes the audio balanced, and repowers the system at the far end.

Wireless comm from all of those companies is very expensive. You can easily spend $10k-$12k for a 4 or 5 user system. The base station could be $4k, and $1.5k per user belt pack. The HME DX 200 is a little less money, but the audio quality is not as good at the Telex BTR 800, which has the best audio performance of the systems I have used.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: clear com or telex intercom system.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.