ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL1 -- changing all analog gains at once  (Read 1016 times)

JeffreyFields

Yamaha CL1 -- changing all analog gains at once
« on: June 23, 2018, 10:50:00 pm »

We have been using the Yamaha CL1 for a few years.  During practice tonight, all analog gains became the same.  If i changed one channel, all the other channels changed as well.  If I seleced GC, all channels were affected.  But the digital gain control remained unique for each channel.  Any idea on how I did this?  Or how to fix it?

jeff

JeffreyFields

Yamaha CL1 -- changing all analog gains at once
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 11:00:37 pm »

We have been using the Yamaha CL1 for some time now.  Tonight all of the analog gain inputs synched up.  They all were +13 dbs. If I changed one, they all changed.  But the digital gain stayed unique to each channel. I cycled power.  I went back to a previous scene.  I went back to an even older scene.  No change.  Any ideas or suggestions on how I did this or suggestions on what to try?

Thank you,

jeff

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Yamaha CL1 -- changing all analog gains at once
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 11:38:16 am »

Check your channel linking. You can certainly do this using channel linking and just linking HA between all channels.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

JeffreyFields

Yamaha CL1 - Analog Gains linked across all channels
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 12:07:24 pm »

We have been using Yamaha CL1 and QL1 for 3.5 years. Either I or someone else has accidentally linked all analog gains across all channels on the CL1. Every channel is synched to +13 db. If I try to change the analog gain on one channel, all the channels change. Same with GC. But no other controls are linked. I can change the digital gain independently on each channel. None of the other controls seem to be like this.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Yamaha CL1 - Analog Gains linked across all channels
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 12:26:50 pm »

Answered on one of your other threads. It's bad etiquette to post the same question/comment in multiple threads.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

JeffreyFields

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 03:44:42 pm »

Check your channel linking. You can certainly do this using channel linking and just linking HA between all channels.

Thank you Andy for your reply.  I stumbled upon a solution this afternoon. Someone had gone into the Dante setup during the week and changed "Dante patch" from "Dante controller" to "this console". I changed it back to "Dante Contoller". Now we change analog gain and gain compensation individually on each channel.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 05:40:47 pm by JeffreyFields »

JeffreyFields

Re: Yamaha CL1 - Analog Gains linked across all channels
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 05:42:47 pm »

sorry. It won't happen again.

JeffreyFields

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 05:44:12 pm »

We have been using the Yamaha CL1 for a few years.  During practice tonight, all analog gains became the same.  If i changed one channel, all the other channels changed as well.  If I seleced GC, all channels were affected.  But the digital gain control remained unique for each channel.  Any idea on how I did this?  Or how to fix it?

jeff

I stumbled upon a solution this afternoon. Someone had gone into the Dante setup during the week and changed "Dante patch" from "Dante controller" to "this console". I changed it back to "Dante Contoller". Now we change analog gain and gain compensation individually on each channel.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 05:44:12 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.