ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown XTI USB directly to router  (Read 19235 times)

Isaac Bugalho

Crown XTI USB directly to router
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »

Hello

If I connect 7 Crown xti to a USB Hub and then to the USB port of this router will System Architect see the amps over wireless?

USB Hub:
http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/usb-hubs/dub-h7-7-port-usb-2-0-hub

router:
http://pt.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTAC66U/

usb port (back of the router):

If not, is there a router with ethernet and USB so that I can connect XTIs and I-Techs at the same time?

Thank you.

Mark McFarlane

Re: Crown XTI USB directly to router
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:13:01 AM »

I can't verify or deny that this specific hardware will work, but I can say that not all USB devices work correctly when run over Ethernet-USB routers.  I have had good luck with the Belkin N600 Share router for connecting a Yamaha 01V96 console over wireless Ethernet, but the same router does not work with my Motu interface. The USB ports on these routers are designed and tested for printers and external hard disks.

If no-one has tried this specific combination, your best bet is to buy one with a good return policy and see for yourself.
Mark McFarlane

Ted Christensen

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 08:37:22 PM »

Hello

If I connect 7 Crown xti to a USB Hub and then to the USB port of this router will System Architect see the amps over wireless?

USB Hub:
http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/usb-hubs/dub-h7-7-port-usb-2-0-hub

router:
http://pt.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTAC66U/

usb port (back of the router):

If not, is there a router with ethernet and USB so that I can connect XTIs and I-Techs at the same time?

Thank you.

I use one xti with a usb to Ethernet box to my router in conjunction with my xti amps. Works just fine. I would assume 7xtis would work too. Can't remember the name of my usb box off hand though.
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Isaac Bugalho

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »

I use one xti with a usb to Ethernet box to my router in conjunction with my xti amps. Works just fine. I would assume 7xtis would work too. Can't remember the name of my usb box off hand though.

Which USB to Ethernet box are you using??

On another forum I see people using this Belkin one, but I believe they don't make it anymore....
 http://www.belkin.com/networkusbhub/

Isaac Bugalho

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »

For the sake of other people's searches I can now say that a wireless router and this http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/?model=TL-PS310U works.

Each TP-Link TL-PS310U supports 4 XTI (through a USB Hub) and the only thing is that the network is somewhat slow, the meters on System achitect are not fluid anymore.

Thaks to everyone who tried to help.

EDIT: Just to add that the XTI directly to the USB port of the Asus router didn't work.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:35:49 PM by Isaac Bugalho »

john lutz

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 05:26:12 PM »

For the sake of other people's searches I can now say that a wireless router and this http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/?model=TL-PS310U works.

Each TP-Link TL-PS310U supports 4 XTI (through a USB Hub) and the only thing is that the network is somewhat slow, the meters on System achitect are not fluid anymore.

Thaks to everyone who tried to help.

EDIT: Just to add that the XTI directly to the USB port of the Asus router didn't work.

....the 4 XTI (through a USB Hub) - was the USB Hub powered externally or passive from device?

I have seen the amp meters bog down (and other problems) when trying to use a passive hub, and that was direct from 3 XTI into computer/System Architect.

Isaac Bugalho

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

....the 4 XTI (through a USB Hub) - was the USB Hub powered externally or passive from device?

I have seen the amp meters bog down (and other problems) when trying to use a passive hub, and that was direct from 3 XTI into computer/System Architect.

Very interesting, thaks for sharing that. I will test for sure.
What I know is that an active Hub counts as a device for the TP-Link TL-PS310U, so only 3 XTI allowed. With passive hub I can connect 4 XTI per TP-Link TL-PS310U.

I will compare active/Passive hub meter accuracy in a few days an hope I won't forget to post results here for future reference...  ::)

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »

(rant on)
What a frigging waste that on the new XTI, Crown again went with a USB interface.  Why not ehernet? Anyone who has hi-speed internet has access to a router and knows how to plug one in.  Do they really think by putting ethernet ports in their budget DSP amps would really take market from their PRO quality amp sales?  Please.

Crown - Wake up!
(rant off)
I've run XTI rack with a Keyspan TCP/IP to USB server.  I think they my not be made anymore, however. 

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »

Deleted.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:37:38 AM by brian maddox »
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Andrew Brubaker

• Reliquis Productions
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »

Has anyone found a better way to get the XTi series amp onto a network? Any other USB to Ethernet solutions that have been tested?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.