ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nexo, L'acoustics & d&b  (Read 7375 times)

David Hart

Nexo, L'acoustics & d&b
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »

Hi all.
I'm in the market for a very high quality, compact PA system.
Most of my work is theatre plays/ musicals with the odd live music gig.
I'm currently looking at 3 different systems and was hoping to hear some feedback on them.

Nexo:
6x PS10R2, 2x PS8, 4x LS600 & 2x NXAmp 4X4

L'acoustics:
4x 12XT, 2x 8XT, 4x SB18 & 2x LA8

d&b:
4x E12, 2x E8, 4x E15X, 2x D12 & 2x D6

I'm edging more towards the first 2 due to cost and the quad amps.

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks.

(Brian) Frost

Re: Nexo, L'acoustics & d&b
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:08:12 PM »

They are all very high quality and you will do fine with any of them.  I would decide based on cross rentability in your area, and price. 

Nexo is a big player in Chicago, so its a good choice here, but I see a lot of d&b in some spots around the country.  The smaller L'acoustics, not so much in places Ive been.  Being able to cross rent means being able to cover bigger events as needed and maybe even subrent what you own to another operation that needs to expand for the evening.

Hi all.
I'm in the market for a very high quality, compact PA system.
Most of my work is theatre plays/ musicals with the odd live music gig.
I'm currently looking at 3 different systems and was hoping to hear some feedback on them.

Nexo:
6x PS10R2, 2x PS8, 4x LS600 & 2x NXAmp 4X4

L'acoustics:
4x 12XT, 2x 8XT, 4x SB18 & 2x LA8

d&b:
4x E12, 2x E8, 4x E15X, 2x D12 & 2x D6

I'm edging more towards the first 2 due to cost and the quad amps.

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks.

David Hart

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »

They are all very high quality and you will do fine with any of them.  I would decide based on cross rentability in your area, and price. 

Nexo is a big player in Chicago, so its a good choice here, but I see a lot of d&b in some spots around the country.  The smaller L'acoustics, not so much in places Ive been.  Being able to cross rent means being able to cover bigger events as needed and maybe even subrent what you own to another operation that needs to expand for the evening.

Thanks for your input.

I really like the E12's, they sound stunning.
2 things that put me off the d&b route though are the E15X subs spec's look a bit lightweight on paper compared to the Nexo LS600 which are both 15 inch subs.
The other being d&b not offering quad amps yet.

Has anyone on here had much experience with the d&b E12/ E15X compared to the Nexo PS10R2/ LS600?

Many thanks in advance.

Gareth Marsh

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:59 AM »

Thanks for your input.

I really like the E12's, they sound stunning.
2 things that put me off the d&b route though are the E15X subs spec's look a bit lightweight on paper compared to the Nexo LS600 which are both 15 inch subs.
The other being d&b not offering quad amps yet.

Has anyone on here had much experience with the d&b E12/ E15X compared to the Nexo PS10R2/ LS600?

Many thanks in advance.

The PS10 is one of my favourite boxes, and the subs always amazed me with their performance for the size. I am familiar with the original PS10 and LS500 mostly, but the change was not massive between versions.

I always liked the tone of the subs too, not thundering output but warm and present, and it really complimented the PS10.

My only problem with the PS10 is that they hit their max output a bit too early for some shows, but theatre and musicals would be perfect for these - they do go loud for a 10" box, I just had the misfortune of using them as monitors for shows that really needed something a lot bigger (and I would have to say they held up well being run at their limit the whole night).

With the options you have listed I don't think its possible to make a bad decision sound-wise, so as said before it comes down to local supply and support, price, etc.

Gareth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:59 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.